Int Corps and R Sigs to come under one command structure

the government have just announced the Intelligence Corps and the Royal Signals will come under one command.

This is (they say) so the British armed forces are better equipped to deal with future warfare and speed information around the battlefield more quickly.

They have a command structure? Not in my location they don't! They just seem to roll from side to side like some sort of abandoned ghost ship!

Let the bun fights begin!

I can almost hear the howls of outrage from there - @Slime, have you got a source? If only so I can thoroughly wind up my still serving friends of both flavours.

Fark- glad I'm shot of it.

Having suffered under one ex-Bleep Corps RSM I wouldn't wish a joint structure on my beloved (ex) Corps!

Fark- glad I'm shot of it.

Having suffered under one ex-Bleep Corps RSM I wouldn't wish a joint structure on my beloved (ex) Corps!
Agreed. Scaliebacks, or rather their organisation, were the bane of my existence. BS for the sake of it. I never met so many hacked-off soldiers.

I can understand why certain Int Corps trades have synergies with the Sigs and vice versa. However, I find it difficult to understand how the Sigs will manage to have the trade knowledge to run the more operational Int Corps roles.

I can understand why certain Int Corps trades have synergies with the Sigs and vice versa. However, I find it difficult to understand how the Sigs will manage to have the trade knowledge to run the more operational Int Corps roles.
They won't. They can't. they're fcuking hard-pressed to just communicate.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sec of State to the RUSI Land Warfare conference this morning; don't think the transcript is online just yet.

Edit - remarkably (compared with previous years) it is - here
I liked this bit

The Intelligence Corps off course packages, collates and analyses vital information on the battlefield.

The Royal Corps of Signals provides the state-of-the-art technology to disseminate information quickly, in an agile way.

Working together those two Corps will bring a laser-like focus and co-ordination to our cyber efforts.
Laser-like focus - that will be interesting to watch when put into action!

I liked this bit

I couldnt bring myself to mention laser in the initial post. It sounded far too silly :)

I tried saying that and my post was deleted :-(

Its an interesting move, but I predict serious culture clash. A foretaste of things to come as the Army tries to slim down to meet ABC17/18 targets?
True, but you were slightly less erudite and factual than normal ;)

I liked this bit

I was sent a link by RUSI (for some reason - probably mistaken me for someone else again...) to let me watch the speech. it isn't often that I mutter 'Oh FFS' aloud when in front of my computer unless it's something written by Sir Max Hastings, Lewis Page or St Sharkey of San Carlos Water, but the laser-like focus bit was one of those moments...

I liked this bit

Ha ha. The Intelligence Corps 'off course' and, of course, on course.

the government have just announced the Intelligence Corps and the Royal Signals will come under one command.

This is (they say) so the British armed forces are better equipped to deal with future warfare and speed information around the battlefield more quickly.
Considering the mutual antipathy and dislike between a certain HQ & Sig Sqn headshed and the Bde Int Section chaps during the early 1980s, I will stick my heck out say that I can see a few potential problems with the plan to have a joint command.

...and nothing to do with the fact that the Sigs headshed got all stroppy when the Int lads ignored their directive to wear name tags on our...erm...their combats...