INT Corp Fam Visit

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by UnknownStudent, Feb 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I've got my INT Corps Fam visit soon and I was hoping that you guys could offer me some 'constructive' advice.

What will happen
    What to take
    What should I know before
    What should I ask
    How do I do well

Thanks

2. 1. Don't know.
    2. Whatever they have told you to take.
    3. What's happening in the world (be well informed).
    4. Anything that enters your mind.
    5. Be yourself.

Hope this helps. Read the papers, ask lots of questions on anything you can think of, be yourself.

3. Is that the same as the MLAT? Me and my mate 'entertained' an MLAT girl at Ashford. She never joined the Muppets, nor my own beloved Corps.

Strange.

What will happen - you will be plied with drink
    What to take - it all, baby, right to the sack.
    What should I know before - we will not call you despite assurances
    What should I ask - can I do it again Steamy (and John)?
    How do I do well - swallow.

Note: despite recent changes to the Army's attitude, the above advice assumes you are a girl.

4. Hmmmm, not quite the advice he/she was after surely. If it was then I stand corrected, but he/she will probably fail their vetting.

5. "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter acqusations"

should this be "accusations" or is there a special Int Corps language prospective recruits should learn?

6. No, that's why I am a CrapSpy. :oops:

7. I didn't fail mine.

But then, I kept my mouth shut.

8. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well at least you are honest - so I hope you aren't hoping to go into politics :roll:

9. Good god no.

But I do wish ARRSE had a spell checker once in a while!

I could just blame it on pump typing, but the Q and C are too far apart for that.

What sort of impression am I giving to UnknownStudent?

10. Unknown student is now perusing the RAF recruitment literature, and who can blame her/him?

11. If Crap Spy's performance at Staff College was anything to go by then I suggest the following answers to the 5 questions are adequate:

1. Not much
    2. A cross word
    3. Little
    4. Nothing
    5. You won't

12. Unfair............I asked quite a lot actually. With short questions.

13. I used to interview the prospective soldiers in Trg Wg, and 'host' the prospective officers in the mess at Ashford (so a good few fecking years ago). Basically, try to behave like a decent human being and don't p1ss anyone off: amazing how many 'potentials' couldn't keep their stupid, gobby opinions to themselves. I certainly didn't have the final say over potential officers, but on a close call, my opinion had as much sway as anyone else's and if you fecked me off by pointing out to the attractive women that I was balding or a few nano-ounces overweight, then you were history. :D

But sweeping that aside, if you snake your way into a regiment or Corps which doesn't suit you, you won't enjoy it; so best to be yourself and then both sides can get to know each other and decide, mutually, whether to continue the relationship.

14. Sorry, you're right, my memory failed me for a moment. For answer 4 delete 'Nothing' and insert 'Anything - normally following an equally irrelevant question from some donkey walloper.

15. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stop it, I'm crying.