Insurgents you can cheer for - in North Korea

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AN underground resistance movement in North Korea, capable of smuggling out videos of executions and staging violent acts of defiance, has emerged as the Kim Jong-il dictatorship faces international sanctions for testing a nuclear bomb.

Chinese witnesses and foreign diplomats say there have been repeated outbreaks of gunfire, usually at night, along the mountainous barren borderlands. Lim Chun Yong, a former North Korean special forces officer who has defected, claimed that four or five groups of an “armed resistance” were in the area.

“The people say among themselves that the regime is worse than the Japanese colonists,” he told South Korea’s Dong-A Ilbo newspaper.

In one clash North Korean border guards confronted three men creeping at night across the frozen Tumen River from China. In the ensuing fight the intruders stabbed several soldiers and escaped, leaving a bag containing three guns, ammunition, a video camera and a phone.

On the same night in late January men opened fire on a frontier post at the town of Huiryeong, causing an unknown number of casualties before escaping.

Chinese travellers report that in some areas North Korean officials are too nervous to go out at night and military reinforcements have been brought in from politically reliable units.

Article in full

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2415492,00.html

2. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Ok! I will cheer for them! I would also think that American Special Forces and South Korean SF units have links to them! :wink:

3. I also believe that they have the tacit support of the PRC otherwise no way could they us China as a base. The PRC is seriously unhappy with the lack of 'harmonious attitude' to regionally stability presented by its former client state.

4. I certainly do cheer for these guys!