Insurance Fraud

Is it juts me - or have the "like" and "share" buttons disappeared after Del's post #75?

edit: seems to be site-wide, reported to admins.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bloleonabike - ditto with paypal. Had my entire bank account emptied, and then the sweep savings account that was linked to it. Paypal were adamant that I must have been hacked/opened a trojan email/run dodgy malware/anything that made it my fault.

Except that I dont open unknown mail from unknown senders - or run executables from friends, use dodgy software, filter mail via exchange and do my banking in a sandbox on a very clean VM. Whomever it was had bought stuff from Amazon, and on-line services from Virgin and Steam, and had used my email address - thus there were traceable records as to whom it was.

It had happened just after I bought 'an item' from the 'factory outlet' of a very well known international company, who used the Paypal 3rd party payment API/gateway. And I wasn't alone... Paypal eventually made a full refund, but were uninterested in pursuing the individual involved.

Yet send a mildly offensive tweet and get 56 days nick.
Similar thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, I had a call from my bank stating that they had detected suspect activity on my account. Seems my card had been cloned and a load of moody jewellry had been purchased (in Slough funnily enough).

The clown who cloned the card also used it to pay off his contract phone bill with O2. Idiot. For a few days I was overjoyed and sniggered at the thought of this twat receiving a visit from plod, until I was informed that the police wouldn't be taking it any further through 'lack of evidence.'

WTF? How much more evidence does one require? The bloke payed off his bloody phone billl with my card!

Anyway on the way home from the boozer the other night I had a piss on the forecourt of the petrol station where I reckon the card was cloned. Have that criminals.

I'm reading the instalments almost as avidly as the 'Lezzers- God bless them!' thread; that's saying something.

Many thanks Arte, I owe you a pint.

Throw in a few dusky lezzers, Arte and you'll knock Jeffrey Archer off no. 1 spot.

Don't make it a heavy book though, must be able to hold it with just the one hand.....

G

goatrutar

Arte, any more yarns? We seem to be in similar(ish) trades.

Aye, makes a change from the usual banter :)

G

goatrutar

Let's hear some of your dits then?

My sandbag is getting comfy.
Mine aren't anywhere near as involved as Arte's yarns. Similar in the fact I'm in the towing industry and I also repossess cars. I've had people stick their kids in the car to stop me dragging it away. Cops and community services get called then. People lying on the tray of the truck to stop the car being winched on. They get dragged back off.

The most interesting one was for a fairly shady Chinese lender. Car was a Mitsubishi 4x4 express van. Dragged the van off the driveway and bunged it in storage. A week later the lender rings me and wants me to bring the car to a local shopping centre. Apparently the debtor has the cash to pay out the loan of about 30k.

I meet the lender at the shopping centre with the van on the truck and start chatting away. I ask him "So what rate are you hitting this bloke with?" He says 9%. I say "**** that's not too bad."
He says "No it's 9% per month." So 108% per annum then. Debtor turns up with an envelope full of cash and starts gobbing off at the lender in Chinese, getting fairly stroppy in the process. I'm standing behind the debtor at this stage so I couldn't see quite what happened next. Debtor is starting to get in the lenders face, lender simply opens his jacket and old matey just shuts up and coughs up the cash.

After I dump the van off I ask the lender how old mate got that much cash so quickly. He says "I made him mortgage his house and withdraw it from the bank." Never borrow money from Chinese loan sharks...

Not the most interesting story I know. Most other "repos" either just happen quietly or have a cast of screeching bogans.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Excellent stuff. I recently got a nice payout after someone tried exaggerating a claim against me and failed miserably (it wasn't even my fault, cheeky cnuts). One question Arte: all of these stories end with the Third Party Aggrieved getting told to poke off, but what about the first party? Given that no-one pushes the fraud piece, do the victims still end up out of pocket for their own repairs and other expenses? Obviously a fully comp policy will get things fixed, but I'm talking long-term effects on "insurability" - does it damage their no-claims and get registered as their own fault? If so, can the victim not push for criminal or civil action without the insurance company to prove that, actually, it wasn't their liability at all? All your "victories" are for the insurance company (who paid you for the work, obviously) but it seems like the victims still lose out.
Bruno, apologies for not explaining this side of things.

Let's say an accident is classed as genuine, i.e. no warning flags are raised on the Insurers software, the Claim Manager is happy that there are no suspicious circumstances, and there are no complications with Indemnity. (All parties involved were properly insured, premiums were paid up to date, and the persons involved in the actual driving, had licences to drive their respective vehicles) Then normal Insurance systems* would be in place for both the Third Party aggrieved and the First party Insured.

*There may be a fight between the parties regarding blame, loss of earnings, amount of money that an injury is worth, and indeed an argument over the settlement sum in respect of a written off vehicle. This is however normal, as nothing is really straightforward in an RTA, but Fraud Investigators are not generally involved in these disputes. Solicitors are.

If the accident is classified as suspicious, subsequently investigated by a Fraud investigator and shown to be fraudulent. (As my case files above) Both Insured Parties, and everyone else involved in a STAGED accident will be given the BFO poke it stick.

If the accident is proven to be a DELIBERATE accident, then the Third Party claims are rejected, the First Party is exonerated. Although the First Party names are kept on file as Intel, this will not affect future premiums, only future, and similar claims. There may still be the usual hassle regarding cost of repairs/replacement (if there is any damage) as we all believe our motors are worth more than the Insurers reckon they are.

Hope that helps.

Arte, don't these retards know that genuine Whiplash generally take 5 - 7 days to fully make itself felt full force? (at least that is what my GP told me)
Indiana you are quite correct. However two things must be said. Firstly I am talking of cases a few years ago, when this type of crime was pretty much unheard of in the general public domain, and I never took extensive notes on the medical side of things, so some of the individuals concerned would have waited for the time scale you mention, others just winged it from day one. They are probably a tad wiser to this now. Secondly, as I mentioned in my first article, some of the Doctors involved in these activities are closely related to the fraudsters. Only another Doctor can argue with a Doctor, and they really do not like arguing with one another, so esteemed is their profession.

As an aside, I cannot ever recall a Doctor being reported to the GMC as a direct result of falsifying medical records, (in a motor fraud case) but I do remember one Solicitor being struck off for his involvement, in a string of fraudulent activity, No he wasn't Asian, Afghani, Polish or from Iran. He was a British born white Anglo thief.

Vexed of Indiana
Dear Agony Arte

Should I change my name to include the whole Pakistani First Eleven's and see if that would help speed treatment?
You would be in the fine upstanding group of First Class 'Slammers' if you did that, I'm not doing the maths, but how many false names can be concocted from eleven people each with two forenames and the Family name Kahn?

It will only help speed up your medical treatment, if your Uncle is the GP concerned. He has a long queue you know.

EDIT

I have decided to move any fiction to another thread. Hopefully that'll keep this one on a factual level.

vinnie (and any other interested party) can start reading my tripe HERE

WEEEEHAAAAAH!

Arte, I'm no fan of "Lord" Archer....... I'm chuffed to f***

I managed to get a truthful review about his book posted on Amazon.......

This review is from: The Sins of the Father (Clifton Chronicles 2) (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't even wade through the free chapters.....

SEFTON JELKS !!!!!!!!!!

Just can't see how people buy his scribblings.

Those who bought this book also bought.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000OOCMB2/?tag=armrumser-21

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Very interesting.

I actually saw your old job advertised recently, but up North. Looked like a good gig. I'm assuming it was for the same firm, big company ran entirely by high ranking ex plod.

Certainly caught my interest.
The job I saw was covering an area a bit further up the M6 but head office was Manchester so probably your old mob.

I saw the ad and thought it looked pretty mega. I'm not looking for a new job but this certainly caught my eye.
Ravers, if you are interested, (even in the future) and you have some sort of investigative background, (it doesn't have to be as cynically stoked as mine) drop me a PM, I'll have a chat mate.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ravers, if you are interested, (even in the future) and you have some sort of investigative background, (it doesn't have to be as cynically stoked as mine) drop me a PM, I'll have a chat mate.
Cheers for the offer, I have absolutely no background in this sort of thing whatsoever, I currently make guns for a living, just thought it looked really interesting. Also if I'm honest, I'm pretty racist and intollerent, I'd probably end up in the shit for calling someone a dirty lying ..........

:)

Similar thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, I had a call from my bank stating that they had detected suspect activity on my account. Seems my card had been cloned and a load of moody jewellry had been purchased (in Slough funnily enough).
Same here, two PayPal purchases from an address in Slough. No Police involvement and a 5 month wait while they 'investigated'.

The clown who cloned the card also used it to pay off his contract phone bill with O2.
Same again, so why don't the police do anything about this? It's clearly prevalent, in fact hugely prevalent in the Stillies community.

WTF? How much more evidence does one require?
Exactly. But I've never been to Slough, so I'm baffled how they cloned my card.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Very interesting.

I actually saw your old job advertised recently, but up North. Looked like a good gig. I'm assuming it was for the same firm, big company ran entirely by high ranking ex plod.

Certainly caught my interest.
Cheers for the offer, I have absolutely no background in this sort of thing whatsoever, I currently make guns for a living, just thought it looked really interesting. Also if I'm honest, I'm pretty racist and intollerent, I'd probably end up in the shit for calling someone a dirty lying ..........

:)
Fair play. You wouldn't actually get an interview without some sort of relevant background. Although they do offer a small training package, without some base knowledge you'd be lost within an hour, and to be honest, I'd rather have set off my career after discharge as a gunsmith, but unless SLR's, (sorry) GPMG's, 9 mil Browning's and Small Metal Guns were on the table I'd be hoofed instantly.

Lifes little twists and turns eh?

JohnSmith

Old-Salt

The clown who cloned the card also used it to pay off his contract phone bill with O2. Idiot. For a few days I was overjoyed and sniggered at the thought of this twat receiving a visit from plod, until I was informed that the police wouldn't be taking it any further through 'lack of evidence.'

WTF? How much more evidence does one require? The bloke payed off his bloody phone billl with my card!

Anyway on the way home from the boozer the other night I had a piss on the forecourt of the petrol station where I reckon the card was cloned. Have that criminals.
The other thing the Police try on is to claim that: "It's a civil matter not criminal", so you are left to prosicute throught the courts at your own expense.

Am now fairly sure I witnessed a staged accident a few years ago.

Travelling to work by bus. The drivers on this route have a well-deserved reputation for driving like maniacs (Bus F, between Gex in France and Geneva in Switzerland).

The bus came up to a roundabout, slowly. There was already a car on it. Now, French drivers aren't always too good about giving way to vehicles on roundabouts, but what happened next seemed totally weird. The car stopped or slowed almost to a halt (and I'm fairly sure there was no obstruction that would have prompted this), while the bus drove slowly forward and into the side of it. At 1 or 2 km/h.

Both drivers got out, scarcely looked at the damage, filled in the standard insurance form that all drivers are required to carry in France and were on their way again in a couple of minutes. The guy who was hit didn't look in the least perturbed, the bus driver didn't look at all worried.

Obvious conclusion was that this had all been pre-arranged.

Still pissed off with myself that I didn't report it.

Ex_Pompadour

Old-Salt
Arte.

Thanks for this. I saw your first posts and talked to my wife about this yesterday. Today she was involved in a shunt in Wembley at a roundabout. Lucky for us that you took the trouble to post the information because she took pictures, phoned everybody for assistance and the guys just drove away.

Cheers.

Ex_P

Am now fairly sure I witnessed a staged accident a few years ago.

Travelling to work by bus. The drivers on this route have a well-deserved reputation for driving like maniacs (Bus F, between Gex in France and Geneva in Switzerland).

The bus came up to a roundabout, slowly. There was already a car on it. Now, French drivers aren't always too good about giving way to vehicles on roundabouts, but what happened next seemed totally weird. The car stopped or slowed almost to a halt (and I'm fairly sure there was no obstruction that would have prompted this), while the bus drove slowly forward and into the side of it. At 1 or 2 km/h.

Both drivers got out, scarcely looked at the damage, filled in the standard insurance form that all drivers are required to carry in France and were on their way again in a couple of minutes. The guy who was hit didn't look in the least perturbed, the bus driver didn't look at all worried.

Obvious conclusion was that this had all been pre-arranged.

Still pissed off with myself that I didn't report it.
Could just be a continental thing...

I remember driving up from the PXs in the SOuth of Germany once, and the snow and ice on the ground caused a number of crashes... people just swapped details and went on their way. No angry exchanges or anything.

Continentals tend to be insured up to the eyeballs anyway.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Arte.

Thanks for this. I saw your first posts and talked to my wife about this yesterday. Today she was involved in a shunt in Wembley at a roundabout. Lucky for us that you took the trouble to post the information because she took pictures, phoned everybody for assistance and the guys just drove away.

Cheers.

Ex_P
No problems, this thread is not about me, it's about people like your wife.

My old profession has been a tad too secretive, (hands up I was guilty as well) and if I only help out one person I'd be chuffed.

Good luck with Wembley, nearly as bad as Southall. Keep your eyes open for Accident Management Companies, small dodgy looking vehicle repair centres and those ubiquitous green and red scraps of cloth hanging off motors. Its bloody rife down there mate.

Did I miss something ? Green and red scraps of cloth? Sorry if I'm not keeping up.
See the first post of this thread, paragraph beginning; "Is it true that these fraudsters have witnesses to a collision?"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Infantry 5
PeacePhlapps Finance, Property, Law 10
Flatcap Jobs (Discussion) 0

Latest Threads