Insurance company's don't want to know.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Aug 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The estermated cost of riot damage to property & looted goods in the U.K so far has already topped £1 billion.

Most insurance company's have clauses in their policy's that exempt any payout in the case of riot.

So these poor buggers i take it have lost the lot with no chance of ever being compensated !!

What would be the domino effect of this type of situation?
  2. Mutual Insurance is the way ahead and a way of the past.............its swings and roundabouts! Mutuals will look after each their members benefits and needs, when that concept becomes larger they are bough out and become profit driven and; as it appears now have become investment houses for shareholders rather than a form of financial protection paid for over extended periods of time at inflated levels for nil return until needed..............oh wait!
  3. The Government should calculate the entire costs of deploying the emergency services, damage caused to property, vehicles etc, and compensation for all those involved in the policing of these 'disorders' and then put the entire bill on to the local tax and rate payers of those area's. I can guarantee that they will then self police the little ***** causing all the damage. Its about time the public stood up and starting protecting their own shit cos the coppers clearly are out of their depth, whether it be intentional or not
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

So by your argument, the residents of Enfield would get billed for the damage in their area which was caused by the Scrotes who came up from Haringey for their evenings entertainment?
  5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

because I was interested I looked up the 'riot act' it is no longer in force, but its successor is the Public Order Act 1986.

As part of this act it seems that 2 things apply:

1. A riot only occurs if the police define it as such.
    2. If a riot does occur then the local police force are statutorily liable to pay compensation for losses and damage caused by riot.

Therefore what tends to happen is people get arrested for 'Violent dissorder' which is a riot without being a riot.

So insurance companies should either pay out or people should claim from the local police force.

• Like Like x 1
  6. At the end of the day we will ALL be paying for it in either insurance premium rises or income tax / council tax rises! FACT!
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Or go the the website of the Association of British Insurers for a more authoritative version
    Nick Starling, Director of General Insurance and Health, ABI said:
    We have every sympathy for residents and business owners who have suffered damage to their properties. This is a time of enormous stress for them and their insurers will be on hand to answer any questions that they may have. We urge people to contact their insurer as soon as possible to check what they are covered for and arrange for immediate help.

Many insurers operate a 24-hour claims line and can help people arrange for urgent repairs.
    Home insurance should cover people for fire, looting or damage caused. Many policies will also cover people for accommodation costs if they can’t stay in their home. Most commercial insurance policies will cover businesses for damage to their premises, including the interruption to their business as a result. Some policies will also cover those businesses which are not damaged, but whose trade is affected by the aftermath. Insurers are working as quickly as they can to deal with claims. However, access to dangerous buildings which are also crime scenes is a serious issue. It is too early for us to have an accurate picture of total costs, especially business interruption costs, but insurers are expecting significant losses, of at least £10s of millions."
  8. I'll finish reading this in moment - I'm just popping out to look at the flock of pigs flying overhead...

It's difficult enough to get the bastards to cough up for a small claim on the house insurance let alone forking out for major repairs or a complete rebuild.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Then surely riots occurring doesn't represent any increase in risk to the insurance company, removing any justification for putting up their premiums post-riot?

Bet it doesn't stop the pricks, though.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Brotherton Lad

11. Hope insurance does cover it. In 1993, when Al Qaeda bombed the World Trade Center in NYC many cars were destroyed. Due to the area of the garage affected most belonged to federal agents, including the Secret Service. A total loss for all because the standard auto policy in the US does not cover "acts of war, terrorism...". Lots of pissed off agents when those letters went out.
  12. Brotherton Lad

13. The government is insisting that this was not now a riot .... It was shopping with violence!

Political madness aside, i cant help but wonder if this new title has been conveniently adopted so insurance company's don't have to shell out?
  14. Insurance companies paying out dont make me larf!!ask the 1000,s of Darling Downs home owners who have been paying extra for flood insurance for years, and then when we did get the big floods in january,suddenly we were not covered, residents of dalby and chinchilla lost everything when their houses,cars, boats even were swept away,insurance companies should be treated the same as other cheats, frauds and other confidence tricksters,
  15. Nignoy: You are 100% spot on sir.

Insurance companies pray on the "fear factor" to extract your money out of your pocket and in to their greedy sewers.

Insurance companies will use every legal trick in the book to avoid paying out.

If you think that the poor victims of rioting who have lost everything will get compensated by return of post ... think again.

Just mark my words!