Insulting America

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Proximo, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks - unless it's genuinely witty, please stop turning every thread into a 'All Americans are knobbers' type exercises. I'm getting threaders with the near constant flow of PMs winging their way in from just about every Mn HQ regular, complaining about each and every other ARRSEr here! :)

I'm not saying 'cut all banter' nor am I going to start waving the mod wand about willy-nilly, but please remember that this forum is here for everyone, but particularly our overseas visitors, who help give ARRSE a little extra something.

I got rid of shedloads of posts earlier, so apologies all round if anyone noticed their post counts decrease - I lost some as well, for what it's worth.

As usual, comments and issues to me, please. Don't start threads elsewhere about the moderation policy in here - it just makes you look like a childish dick.
  2. Censorship lives! One or two of our friends from over the pond are more than capable of winding people up, but get upset when in typical squaddie fashion the tables are turned, or at least nudged.
    On the understanding that this is not genuinely witty (please indicate what is-sarcasm, irony, sardonicism etc) feel free to delete.
  3. I don't normally agree with my northern colleague but I feel that, if I was a moderator, I wouldn't have made the comments above.

You can put a silk waistcoat on a pig but it will still grunt.
  4. LOL. Pre-emptive strike.
  5. Well, I'm with DD on this one - we all know who the knobbers are from over the pond, and on this side for that matter.
    We don't need to fill threads with crap - there is plenty of wit available so lets use it :)
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fair points DD but I hope that this works both ways.

There have been several posts recently from Arrsers over the pond which have blatantly invited 'retaliation' and have quickly dropped down into the mire, just the very thing you are trying to stop.

I appreciate that there are many good posts from our colonial cousins, but equally, there have been a few not of such a high standard.

7. Will it?
  8. What else would you expect from a pig except a grunt?

As for Elmer. Most US guys are quite capable of looking after themselves on these boards which is why I wonder why DD went to the bother of inviting flaming on this thread?
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

A squeal ?
  10. Well said DD

All anti American thread contributors are Islamic Fascist sympathisers, Traitors to the Queen and only one step away from converting to the so called 'Islamic religion' and attempting to destroy a primary school full of aspirant citizens of the 'Crusader Alliance'.

No such contributor should be allowed to hide behind an avatar, their photograpth, real name (including their 'Islamic' one) and address should be shown next to every post.

Come the return of The Lord Protector such malcontents shall be given stark and simple choices.
  11. Please, only some one from Harvard could write those words
  12. Ah ha! But its still from a genuine American Prof (so must be true), don't worry NEO_CON you will eventually master the accent and be able to get laid in NYC 8)
  13. The yanks are fair game as far as i can see, in the same way as we abuse mongs and gwars. It's not their fault they are born septics but that is no reason for us to give them an easy ride.
  14. I couldn’t agree more.

Why should we continue to waste bandwidth writing threads about how Americans are nothing more than fat, stupid cnuts, with a tendency for blue on blue, and a love of touching small children.

It’s like calling the sky blue :roll:
  15. Shut it Abdul! Since when did your rag top civilisation give anything to the world other than Diarrhea? Fcuk off back to the sand pit where you can relax by not having to walk on two legs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.