Instructor posting/FTRS?

Anyone know of anyone who has gone full-time instruction at either an RTC or ATR?

I really want to a) do an Op tour and b) spend time instructing.

The thing is, I'm at the perfect rank to do both - it'll be harder to get involved full time at an ATR as a Sgt as no doubt this post will be filled by a regular counterpart (Tp Sgt).

Ideally I'd want to instruct full time at Tp-level for a while, then sod off on an Op before even considering promotion to the Sgt's Mess (panel pending of course).

I saw an FTRS posting for ATR Pirbright at the beginning of the year and foolishly I didn't chase it up, so I know that it's feasible.

My CoC are aready looking in to the possibilities of both (tour and ATR) but I was wondering if any other TA members have already had the opportunity to post at a Training Centre.

Point to note: I'm not a war-dodging, "good-conduct-medal-hunting", power-tripping moron; I actually have aspirations and intentions to go on Ops to do a job, and I think that I'd be best placed to go as a Cpl first time around.

RTMC Chilwell used to have plenty of FTRS Instructors, although they tended to be Sgts.

A mate of mine is FTRSing at Harrogate as a full screw, so there are places out there.

Thanks guys.

FFB, any idea how he approached the situation? I check the ROAL and OCE regularly - I remember seeing one posting (full screw) at ATR Pirbright but that's about it.

Sorry I dont, however he does post on here so maybe he'll see it..... I'll give him until tonight then drop him a pm for you.

FFBox said:
A mate of mine is FTRSing at Harrogate as a full screw, so there are places out there.

Question

As an instructor/Tp NCO or as an odd job driver type ?

Cavalier said:
FFB, any idea how he approached the situation? I check the ROAL and OCE regularly - I remember seeing one posting (full screw) at ATR Pirbright but that's about it.
I thought OCE was now (by policy if not uniformly) SSgt and above ... A poster on here had been looking for a while and ended up completing the EPP and talking to Glasgow direct.

FFBox said:
Not on FTRS anymore. There is just about a 100% moratorium on new FTRS posts for at least the rest of this financial year. The only ones I know that are still being processed are the WO2 Safety posts - dunno what the proper job title is.

OCE posts - better chance.I suggest ringing OCE desk direct !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Royal Signals 42
C OTC and ACF 11
Ventress Infantry 4