Institute a medal for HM Armed Forces wounded in action.

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by liamk1990, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

This sort of crap pops up at least once a month on that site. It's either mis-guided members of the public or some chippy **** who hasn't got any gongs but wants one for the time he tripped and fell out the back of the Snatch they were getting a Show & Tell on.

No, no and no again.
  2. Noooooooooooooooooooooo not again!

Mods please, please delete.

OP please use search function!

When do we get paid this month? Who is the most senior NCO in the British Army? Do you get a RSMs' pension if you have never been promoted in 22 years? etc etc etc.
  3. Please no. I have meet a few Purple Heart "winners", all of whom had extremely minor injuries, one caused by a vehicle accident when he drove into a shell crater.

The criteria for the Purple Heart is so sad.
  4. Almost as sad as the Combat Badge. We had a team shot at - two rounds from a good 400m distance. Didn't bother returning fire. Got the badge in an impressive ceremony.

Combat badge - there's a thought.
  5. MrBane

I notice it's not issued to Infantry. :D

The only thing non-tour awards such as a Combat Badge / Purple Heart style things allow soldiers to do is to lord it up over those without.

"You weren't there man!"

I don't even feel we need our Jubilee or LSGC medals. Tour gongs are enough.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. i just noticed it bumming around my face**** homepage! Guessing its a regular thing on here?
  7. MrBane

Yeah, there's always someone harping on about it somewhere.

Long ago it would've stirred up passionate and heated debate, now nobody cares as it'd never happen anyway. :D
  8. I know! How about wound stripes, bet that's never been done!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MrBane

Ooooooo.... good one!

What about feathers? Every time you get hit you get a Peacock feather to wear in your beret so that everyone can see from a distance exactly how nails you are? :D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Useless information interjection:

So many Purple Hearts were produced for the projected invasion of the Japanese Home Islands in 1945 that the US military are still using them!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Why even bother with tour gongs?
  12. MrBane

Provided that wasn't a 'Wah', how else are you meant to bore the tits off your grandkids if you've not got some medals to pull out when you start talking about when it was you, Limbo Bob and Pudger fighting off the Iraqi hordes and discovered you only had green boilies left?
  13. I'm looking forward to telling my grandkids Tales Of Sennybridge.
  14. No not a wah. If you're saying the LS&GC and jubilee medals a pointless then so are tour gongs.