Instant Sunshine over Iran

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim24, Nov 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Israel is working on improving its nuclear weapons capabilities, according to a report by the independent Trident commission in the United Kingdom that was published in the Guardian newspaper on Monday.

Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

But today it just got better,Israel test-fired a ballistic missile on Wednesday, at the Palmahim Israel Defense Forces base in central Israel. The test was part of an examination of a new missile currently being developed by the defense establishment.

IDF test-fires ballistic missile in central Israel - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
  2. Oh, but Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons. That would be in breach of pretty much every single anti-proliferation treaty in existence and therefore couldn't possibly happen.

Any suggestion otherwise is anti-Semitic.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I had an aunty Irene once.............

Oh yeah, Israel, Nuclear weapons, why...that's preposterous!!!!!
  4. Just the usual annual kosher willy waving intended to get more aid out of the Yanks.
  5. On the plus side, Iran is huge so it won't be all of it that gets melted, just a few small bits. Unless the Israelis have developed something special.

All the same, I see a commercial opportunity. How about a geiger counter insert for vehicle exhaust pipes, so we'll know when we've been sold radioactive Iranian oil?
  6. Pure sabre rattling.

It's not exactly a state secret that if she launched one for real in a offensive preemptive strike mode, Every Israeli on the face of the planet would become a target of hate, and i would think it reasonable the same for all citizens of the world's nuclear playing country's.
  7. Couple of million dollars going spare now too....
  8. What about Irans 2000 or so mobile rocket launchers ? If Israel attacks the nuclear facility, then Iran will just send some rockets. Not sure about the range capability.
  9. I read somewhere they could hit Eilat. Not sure how reliable that is though.
  10. As opposed to all the Love they feel right now? Isreal is the Man U of nations: everyone hates us and we don't care.

I don't think the Red Sea Pedestrians are going to express deliver Instant Sunshine to Iran anytime soon, but it has nothing to do with how the rest of the world will react and everything to do with screwing as much "aid" as possible out of the Septics. It's a more sophisticated version of the North Korean Nuke Tests; nice country, a shame if something happend to it...
  11. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

IDF holds drill simulating rocket attack on central Israel
    Sirens sound throughout central Israel for 90 seconds; drill comes amid mounting speculation that Israeli leaders could be preparing attack on Iran.

IDF holds drill simulating rocket attack on central Israel - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
  12. If World War III starts up in the Middle East vehicle exhaust emissions in Europe will no longer be a problem.
  13. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer