Inspired Casting: Jolie to play Cruise!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Aug 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tom Cruise has dropped out of the spy thriller " Edwin A. Salt " [ no reason given, but, probably, wanted too much and was crap at it anyway ] to be replaced by.. Angelina Jolie..why not? Angie has such a badass image she could get away with playing the lead originally male..sex-role reversal is not exacly new...

I mean Judi Dench took over for Bernard Lee as M...

Peter Bradshaw has ' suggested' that Melanie Griffith could have been a better choice for the Terminator[ trix?] than Arnie - same vacent stare and ' low level acting '

and Sandra Bernhard and Joan Rivers as Ms. Blone and Ms White in Reservoir Dogs...

but, hey.. Angelina should re-make all of Tom's films... She would have made a much better pilot in Top Gun and ' riding someone's tail ' would take on a whole new meaning and dispel all that homoeroticism surrounding Tom and Val's scenes... and ,she would have been a lot taller.. Could play the Von Stauffenberg part in Tommy's Nazi film, too.. she looks way better in an eye patch - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, anyone??

I hear Tommy is prepping to do a sequel to Top Gun BTW, expect it to be available at the dump bin at Walmart real soon...

anyone care to revisit a film or two an suggest some inspired ' distaff ' casting??

Wild Geese: Selma Hyak, Scarlett Johannsen, Jessica Alba, Mila Jojovitch?

2. Tony Blair in 'The Man Who Would Be King'?

Er, I may have missed the point somewhat...

3. Janette Krankie in 'The Lord of The Rings'

Maggie Thatcher in 'Rambo'

Heather Mills in 'Treasure Island'

4. Heather Mills - Treasure Island... bwaaaahahahahaha!!!

new monitor/keyboard please... she could give Robert Newton a hop for his money...

5. Nah maggie would be to tough for rambo but she would make a great dirty harriet

6. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Any up and coming actress deperate to break into Hollywood. She should replace Neve Campbell in Wild Things. Afterall Campbell refused to get her kit off.