Inspired Casting: Jolie to play Cruise!

Tom Cruise has dropped out of the spy thriller " Edwin A. Salt " [ no reason given, but, probably, wanted too much and was crap at it anyway ] to be replaced by.. Angelina Jolie..why not? Angie has such a badass image she could get away with playing the lead originally male..sex-role reversal is not exacly new...

I mean Judi Dench took over for Bernard Lee as M...

Peter Bradshaw has ' suggested' that Melanie Griffith could have been a better choice for the Terminator[ trix?] than Arnie - same vacent stare and ' low level acting '

and Sandra Bernhard and Joan Rivers as Ms. Blone and Ms White in Reservoir Dogs...

but, hey.. Angelina should re-make all of Tom's films... She would have made a much better pilot in Top Gun and ' riding someone's tail ' would take on a whole new meaning and dispel all that homoeroticism surrounding Tom and Val's scenes... and ,she would have been a lot taller.. Could play the Von Stauffenberg part in Tommy's Nazi film, too.. she looks way better in an eye patch - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, anyone??

I hear Tommy is prepping to do a sequel to Top Gun BTW, expect it to be available at the dump bin at Walmart real soon...

anyone care to revisit a film or two an suggest some inspired ' distaff ' casting??

Wild Geese: Selma Hyak, Scarlett Johannsen, Jessica Alba, Mila Jojovitch?

Tony Blair in 'The Man Who Would Be King'?

Er, I may have missed the point somewhat...

Heather Mills - Treasure Island... bwaaaahahahahaha!!!

new monitor/keyboard please... she could give Robert Newton a hop for his money...

Nah maggie would be to tough for rambo but she would make a great dirty harriet

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Any up and coming actress deperate to break into Hollywood. She should replace Neve Campbell in Wild Things. Afterall Campbell refused to get her kit off.