Inspector Gadget missing in action

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ryder02, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a look for Inspector Gadget as is my habit of doing once a week or so and noticed that the blog seems to have been taken down.

Anyone know what has happened?

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No idea about that but I get his utterances in my in box direct. I havent had any for a day or two!!!!

3. I reckon he has his 30 in, has pulled the pin and will now be writing a regular column slagging off the senior coppers and politicians for some rag.

Good luck to him...or her.

4. Not seen any stories along those lines of late although on his blog he did mention a few people had questioned whether he was actually a Police Inspector.
    I have noticed PC Bloggs has gone very quiet of late too - this seems to come on the back of some very anti-police stories in the media. One wonders if they are being briefed against to stop too many complaints against their cuts.
    I also wonder if such stories will come our way once we are out of Afghanistan in order to make more cuts against the military more palatable.
    (Tin foil hat now in place...)

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

From the wiki
    Police Inspector Blog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. The return of the dog with ginger eyebrows?

Have to say, that I got the feeling he had gone off the boil a while ago - from attacking the policies, paperwork and bullshit that made policing difficult, he'd just turned into another 'oh, its all the governments fault because they won't give us more money'

• Like Like x 4
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

As an ex squaddie he couldnt get the service ethos out of his system. No one asked or forced him to be a flatfoot, in fact to some of us ex servicemen he took the soft option by becoming plod.
    The job (no matter what it is) is like the proverbial bucket of water, whilst you are in the bucket you can splash as much as you want, when you leave its still a bucket of water!

• Like Like x 1
  8. in fact to some of us ex servicemen he took the soft option by becoming plod.

Expand please.

9. HHH

HHH LE

With ex squaddies the bucket would have a few extra bits left in it, namely piss and sh*t!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Really? Ok, joining plod esp for ex teeth arms is (or was) often an easier option than learning a new trade or career even after only a few years in the mob. In fact I can recall in my block at the back end of a 2 year stint in Omagh during the late 8o's that constabulary application forms were highly prized items with some lads even willing to apply for the RUC in search of money, a future career and a place in a uniformed service where they can hide away.
    I never really understood why tradesmen with decent transferable skills would chase the few plod places available!
    If you think about it leaving the infantry as an Nco at the 12 year mark for another 25 years in another uniform where keeping your nose clean virtually guaranteed a good pension was often easier than struggling up the food chain of less and less command posts available the higher you went!

Not a slagging off of ex men who turned into plod. I reserve that for the really dense ex wren who ditched her plod career as too difficult to become an FEO!

11. What about those who wanted to carry on serving but not in green? Not everyone wants to work in civvie street and I'll state for the record that I work harder now than I did in 15 years in the mob (not including Operational Deployments of course).

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

As I said I didnt understand why learning a very good trade to chuck it away for a civ div version of stagging on but for ex teeth arms the attraction is fairly obvious. In fact I know a lad who was a real football hooligan, would have done well in a good Bn but chucked away a good supervisory role to become plod and loves being in the TSG (or whatever its called now). Serving iin any capacity can be an easier option rather than striding out even if it means learning new skills etc in further service, Service itself has its own comfort zone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. yeah fair point now you put it like that. Thing is had a shite trade so I had nothing to lose.

• Like Like x 1
  14. some years ago I was suffering badly from the effects of a real nasty bastard, loud gobshite cockney **** he was
    slashed my tyres, fiddled with the brakes on my car, and fitted me up for a crime I did not do
    he knew me job working for the government meant if I had a criminal record I lost my ticket
    the first few coppers I dealt with were useless, lack of joined up thinking and often university educated twits
    it went on for months and it was not something I could easily deal with, while trying to work and raise a family
    eventually a real good copper came to arrest me on another trumped up charge, but listened to what i had to say, read my notes of the other things that had happened and dealt with it, getting this anti social pile of shite into court
    this copper was an ex marine, he had real world experience and fine judgement, I owe him a lot
    the **** in question was convicted but continued on his career as a full time waste of space ****
    in fact it made the papers under the first conviction section 5 public order act
    I christened him Mr Flobby
    so I reckon any serving forces personnel who join the police will make a real contribution to society
    PS Inspector gadget is well and resting see this chap for a bit of info
    hes bloody sound I can vouch for him
    Is this the end of Police blogging as we know it? | Shijuro_is_not_georgedixon's Blog

• Like Like x 1