Insoles for use with orthotics

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pacifist_Jihadist, Mar 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I have recently had orthotics inserts for under my heel made up as i have properly wonky feet. But its thickness means i can not use them with my sorbothanes in my boots. So can anybody recommend a thin insole similiar to sorbothanes but without any built in supports, just a plain flat one like you get in trainers. Currently i am using cheap insoles from a pair of trainers but after a recent CFT the balls of my feet had taken a pounding with blood blisters forming, so some shock absorbance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. I just don't use the inserts

3. Well good for you. I however want to use mine hence why i am asking for help doing just that.

4. Have you asked the MO to refer you to a military podiatrist who will issue you with the required documentation in order to get the
    special boot from the stores? We had a couple in our unit who have gone down that way.

5. The idea of the orthotic is to put everything back in alignment, putting a soft insole under, or over it will negate the effect of the insole.

I've spent several years getting my insoles for my spakker feet to work, every time I've gone back to the podiatrist to get new ones they've made subtle changes. I don't need soft insoles with mine, but then I don't wear the rediculously hard boots I'm supposed to. softer soled boots work for me - shock horror - at my own expense. My current insoles don't fit into the lowa desert boots, but the system can cope with different boots where there is a need.

6. Here you go, they've even got them in brown to go with PCS:

[​IMG]