Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Jiblit, Feb 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright fellows

Just a couple of quick questions

1) What is correct term for the patch where you put stripes and pips and stuff, i mean on the chest area...

2) What does 2 crossed rifles tell me and can anybody wear them

2. 1) Rank slide

2) Sniper (me thinks)
  3. Crossed rifles for Skill at arms instructor.
  4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Who the fcuk would ever wear a skill at arms instructor badge ?!
  5. Thankyou getlemen

Experience beats google any day of the week.............
  6. The Corps like them. Quite a lot of pride in it (suggests RD route).
  7. Err a Skill at Arms Instructor?
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I mean it's a buckshee course and not one to be proud of attending or completing, I remember it being 8 weeks in the Siddens before getting smashed on tactics.
  9. It certainly wasn't buckshee when i did mine, quite hard going actually to be fair.

And no, not anyone can wear them. Although i'm not sure why the army is so fascinated with adorning us with badges, flashes, patches and other regalia, we're beginning to look like a paramilitary arm of the boy scout movement. With a bit of luck this will be adjusted with the advent of MTP, but i'm not holding my breath....
  10. I thought this was a thread about 80's deodrant. I was more of a Denim man myself.
  11. Marksman used to wear(qualify for) crossed rifles also!! :)
  12. insignia's got everything shampoo to shower gel,aftershave,deodrant spray for that one all over smell!! lol
  13. Only if whichever tosser thought them up has sold his shares in whichever company makes them
  14. Buckshee? Would that be the old Infantry NCOs SAA? Two and half months of Death By TP/BL/BHE? Every lesson from 'Rifle Strengthening Exercises', 'GPMG Further Mech' and SF (yep, it was not a seperate subject yet) to Safety Supervisor Stage 5??

In the day, it was one of THE 5 you needed to get promoted.