Insight Course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Matthius07, Jul 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm booked up and ready for the Royal Engineers Insight Course, should be amazing aslong as there aint naked roll matt fights with the unknowledgable ;) Other than that.. *BOOM* and *BRIDGE BUILDING*.. (Wait a minute.. there's no noise for it ;) )

Yes Iron_Man i'm gonna take a flowery dress.. ;)
    So happy, this could be my first REAL step, just saying this cause of the understanding of the soldiers, if only the medics were like that ;)

2. Have you joined up yet or are you deciding what you want to do first?

3. I'm not illegible to join untill April next year, but I have a pretty good idea of which trade I want to do

4. Are you not old enough then. What is it you want to do?

5. Yeah i'm old enough mate, 16 yrs. it's just when i'm "medically" allowed to join :p I want to be a fitter ACR

6. Oh right! I'm going to start my basic in September but Lichfield is closing so I don't know where I'll end up!

7. You better hope it aint Bassinbourne :lol:

8. I think you'll find its' Pirbright.

9. whats it like there?

10. I've just signed up for the para insight course its in about a weeks time cant wait for that.
    Anyone been on it, i know i will probably do a lot of fitness and maybe the assault course but i want to see what the trainasium looks like up close, have a go if possible.

11. Like every other ATR but bigger, and near the shot.

12. It will more than likely be at Lichfield H_T_B for RE then the 10 weeks at Minley for Combat Engineer then off for trade training probably Chatham depending of trade. Pirbright was for things like RLC, REME etc, Winchester for clerks, RMP etc but can depend on spaces that RG decide on. Juniors have got ADC Bassingbourn and AFC Harrogate.

edited to say good luck on insight course Tressle and get as much info as possible. Ps dont call me IRON_MAN its THE_IRON after Scunthorpe UTD.

13. Minley for Combat Engineer? What's done at Gib then? :eek:

14. Minley is a place and the barracks there are call Gibralter.

15. Ahh yeah Minley in Surrey, I know I know ;) I spoke to a RE the other week at Bassinbourne, no wonder why he said he was surprised that the other guy passed Gib, by the sounds of it it's a chore and a half. With my new found fitness it should make it a tad easier. ;)