Insight course in 2 weeks and have serve blisters!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 04mayb, Nov 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, im going on an parachute insight course in 2 weeks and have stepped up the training so i would atleast keep up with everyone else, however in doing so i have given myself serve blisters on the base of my feet. Anyone know a way to harden them or anything else so they will be less painful when i arrive

2. If you do a forum search you'll see about a billion topics on blisters and feet hardening.
  3. Serve????
  4. Go and buy some shock-absorbing insoles; might help. Treat the blisters in whichever way works for you, be that popping them or leaving them, and take up swimming or rowing for a bit instead of running.
  5. i use sorbothane inserts and always wea 2 pairs of socks, cotton on the inside and the nasty wooly ones on the outside, never had any problems
  6. Stick ya feet in a bowl of pi$s a few times a week and walk round bare footed as much as pos for hard core feet that fu#ks up pumice stones
  7. Cotton is crap. Doesn't absorb sweat - need a smartwool liner as wool does absorb and also keep sweat off the feet but then I've found feet are a very individual thing.......!!!!

Surgical spirit will harden your feet up no end.