Inside the Challenger 2

Hey boys and girls.

Wonder if anyone can help me, I'm looking for any views/photos of the interior of the challenger tank.

I've spent a couple days looking at google and yahoo etc however haven't really found anything of great use, apart from a shed load of interior views of the Dodge Challenger :roll:

I did find this the below diagram which is quite useful but if anyone has any actually photos that would be awesome.

cheers all!

I thought it was gas tight and you could spend days inside in the event of NBC attack. So where's the toilet?

Also, who is the lazy sod sleeping on the job at the front? Get him up on a charge at once.

P

PrinceAlbert

Ancient_Mariner said:
I thought it was gas tight and you could spend days inside in the event of NBC attack. So where's the toilet?

Also, who is the lazy sod sleeping on the job at the front? Get him up on a charge at once.
The toliet, IIRC, is where the loader sits.

elovabloke

ADC
PrinceAlbert said:
Ancient_Mariner said:

There was no toilet in Chieftain, there was no toilet in CR1, I would be very surprised if Looowellin-Bowen designed one for CR2.

There was however in my day a handy compo can if required with a chute disposal for the use off...Now the compo can is no more I have not got a clue wnhat will happen if the Russian hordes attack.

P

PrinceAlbert

elovabloke said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Ancient_Mariner said:

There was no toilet in Chieftain, there was no toilet in CR1, I would be very surprised if Looowellin-Bowen designed one for CR2.

There was however in my day a handy compo can if required with a chute disposal for the use off...Now the compo can is no more I have not got a clue wnhat will happen if the Russian hordes attack.
Oh well if the old tanks never had one how could the new one possibly have one??? :roll:

PrinceAlbert said:
elovabloke said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Ancient_Mariner said:

Oh well if the old tanks never had one how could the new one possibly have one??? :roll:
The nofficial version fro a current crewman:

You can lift the loaders seat and there is a seat with a hole affair which you can chuck stuff out off.
He then says you have to pull the chain gun but I think he was taking the piss with that.

So PA, you had it one.

P

PrinceAlbert

I thought I was losing my marbles when questioned. Spent a bit of time in CR2, thankfully never needed to use the toilet.

not_observed said:
spaz said:
It does have a shitter but no-one uses it, who wants to be stuck in a tank smelling of bottoms?
That's the whole point of the refuse chute!
I wouldn't want to be smelling bottoms. They should have an acceptance chute

I usually managed 14 days without the need for a dump.
Still do occasionally but it hurts a bit now and always blocks the lavvi. (Civvies find that amusing.)

We used to use an empty 5 man compo box to crap in (no pissing it makes the cardboard soggy). After a five day closed down exercise in a Cent bridgelayer on Saltau, the box was just about full and when we got the order to open up, I sealed the box with black harry maskers and put it outside the hatch prior to burying it. As usual a horde of German kids turned up - we werent far from a village - asking for the spare tins of "marmelade", and sweets that we always had left over. Suddenly one kid grabbed the compo box full of shit and was off with it under his arm like an Italian light recce tank in retreat, a comets tail of kids chasing him. he shot into a nearby house and slammed the door behind him. A couple of minutes later the door opened again and the box full of shit came flying out to land in the garden spraying turds everywhere. It was closely followed by the kid who was being slapped around the head by a fat old Frauline with huge tits. Funny as fu ck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C RAC 42
Forces_Sweetheart Infantry 0
wHoSaIdThAt? Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0