Inside the Challenger 2

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Can_do_attitude, Apr 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey boys and girls.

Wonder if anyone can help me, I'm looking for any views/photos of the interior of the challenger tank.

I've spent a couple days looking at google and yahoo etc however haven't really found anything of great use, apart from a shed load of interior views of the Dodge Challenger :roll:

I did find this the below diagram which is quite useful but if anyone has any actually photos that would be awesome.

[​IMG]

cheers all!

2. Isn't it still classified secret, well bits of it?

3. Is it??? Opps! No wonder I couldn't find anything then! :oops:

4. Ack! won't let me do that.....I'm assuming the fun police are stopping it seeing I'm at work. But cheers for that...I'll give it a go when iI get home. :D

5. I thought it was gas tight and you could spend days inside in the event of NBC attack. So where's the toilet?

Also, who is the lazy sod sleeping on the job at the front? Get him up on a charge at once.

6. It say you need java to see it. I've got the latest version and it still doesn't work. What else can you expect from the MOD these days?

7. The toliet, IIRC, is where the loader sits.

8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

There was no toilet in Chieftain, there was no toilet in CR1, I would be very surprised if Looowellin-Bowen designed one for CR2.

There was however in my day a handy compo can if required with a chute disposal for the use off...Now the compo can is no more I have not got a clue wnhat will happen if the Russian hordes attack.

9. Oh well if the old tanks never had one how could the new one possibly have one??? :roll:

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The nofficial version fro a current crewman:

He then says you have to pull the chain gun but I think he was taking the piss with that.

So PA, you had it one.

11. I thought I was losing my marbles when questioned. Spent a bit of time in CR2, thankfully never needed to use the toilet.

12. It does have a shitter but no-one uses it, who wants to be stuck in a tank smelling of bottoms?

13. Jarrod? :D

14. That's the whole point of the refuse chute!