Inside of a challenger?

Been looking up the interior but can't find a thing! anyone got any photos? I'm a 16 year old looking at potential regiments but at 6"2 already I'm worried it might be a tight fit!! Any advice?

I've got some photos of me pulling a trav greabox out of the gunners site hole in the turret. But it won't help you much.

You'll be fine as a loader.

Actually, I have quite a few photos of the turret interior.

I'm not sure what classification the turret interior is now though, so I'm not posting them.

I've got some photos of me pulling a trav greabox out of the gunners site hole in the turret. But it won't help you much.

You'll be fine as a loader.
I'd be looking as joining as an officer, would wherever the commander sit provide ample room? I'll probably grow aswell to about 6'4, I worry despite a love of tanks it won't be for me.

Been looking up the interior but can't find a thing! anyone got any photos? I'm a 16 year old looking at potential regiments but at 6"2 already I'm worried it might be a tight fit!! Any advice?
Why would you want to join the army when at 16 you are already a hotshot in the city?

You'll be alright... if you can't shut the hatch just put an angling brolly up to keep you dry.

I knew someone who was over 6' (and built like an ox)- and he was a CVR(T) commander!

Actually, I have quite a few photos of the turret interior.

I'm not sure what classification the turret interior is now though, so I'm not posting them.
Aye, dinnae post, min.

Anyways, I've known taller and bigger guys who are Chally 2 crewman (not so comfortable as a gunner) but managed okay. The Gunner's seat is uncomfortable for alles, and I'm a short ass! Driver's seat is sleep city even for big guys.

Yes you'll be fine, this isn't the Red Army.

The inside of CR2 used to be at least RESTRICTED. Don't know whether it is now, but I certainly don't recommend posting anything not already in the public domain.

If my memory serves me well, the height from the Comdrs seat in the down position to the hatch is similar to that of Chieftain.

Find a Chiefy and have a paly around inside. The crew positions are located the same as Chally but the kits much better. Im sure one of the Guys has some pics of a chiefy Turret internals?

I think "Restricted" is 25 years?..but I may be wrong.

Sure it wasnt two LDs,one on top of the other, i thought to be a LD,you had to be one of Snow Whites Lucky 7s :)
He could have been 3 soldiers in one - in fact he probably had to quit as a vehicle commander when they fitted the mine plate, as he could no longer stick his legs out the bottom Flintstones style!

Still, I take the point about dwarves in the LDs - I knew another whose nickname was 'Sam' (Short Angry Man!)

Some of the sweats when I first joined up used to say the inside of a Chieftain turret was pretty roomy to start off. Not exactly dome of St Paul's roomy, but a bit of space. Then we started bolting all the new fire control system bits and other gubbins in & it left us hunched over.

A Troop Leader in my first Regiment was absolutely huge. The problem here seemed to be with the trunnion tilt compensators, because he was no stranger to a fish supper.

One of the Troopers was very tall (rumour had it 6'9" or so) & built like the gable end of a crisp. He could drive Chieftain OK, but had a bit of bother with a closed down 432. Think he ended up in MT where there were vehicles with a bit of headroom.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Can_do_attitude RAC 70
Forces_Sweetheart Infantry 0
wHoSaIdThAt? Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0