Inserting a field (date) into a word table

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by flynavy, Jan 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a word template which is a Mod Form 7109 stores demand, i often order loads for the squadron and get bored with typing in the Required delivery date, so i thought about inserting a field that would put the date in automatically.

However i have looked at word help and it tells me to click on field type in the insert menu but there is no field button or option there, therefore how do i get around this. Also will it make a difference that the field will be in a table?

2. If you highlight the area table you want to add the column too and then use the right mouse click you'll get an "Insert" option - in this you can insert a column.

3. You might find it better to convert the table to an Excel Spreadsheet. Then you can format the field to be (for example) today's date + 7 days automatically.

4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

is it a word template file i.e. a .dot or a word document that you are using as a template i.e. a .doc

5. how do i convert it into excel? i tried to copy and paste it but it comes out different to the way its set out in word!

i would love to have it in excel as its easier to work with

6. If you have merged cells in the table you may need to unmerge them, otherwise highlight the whole table and copy/paste. You will probably need to adjust the columns and formatting. I would think that a 1/2 hour task might save you loads of time in the future...

7. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

If you want me to convert it i will do it over the weekend for the price of a donation to Holidays4Heroes

Pm me your email address