Insect bite question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tartan_Terrier, Aug 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About two months ago I got bitten by something whilst on ex. Whatever it was bit me three times in an area about the size of a ten pence piece. To start with it looked like three mozzie bites, after a week or so, it looked more like a red circle. This (rough) circle has now grown to around 2-2 1/2 inches in diameter, and the skin in the centre looks slightly bruised.

I've been bitten loads of times before, but have never seen any like this, nor has anyone I know.

Any ideas on what the Hell it is?
  2. might have been a Tick that sounds like th esimptoms of limes disses.

if i where you id go see the Doc.
  3. a mate of mine was bitten, sounds very similar IIRC it was some sort of parasite, required all sorts of meds, get down to the MO pronto.
  4. I had the same thing - Lime disease.

Arthritis, neurology problems, character changing, death (in that order!)
  5. youve let this go two months tartan? :) take it youre the guy who soldiers on till his arm falls off, then wonders why everybody thinks he has taken the "soldiers never die!" attitude to a silly level ;)
  6. I nearly lost a leg last year to Wasps stings (dirty little feckers)after blood poisoning started setting in. After two months it doesnt sound like septicaemia but Im not a doctor so take the previously given advice and get it sorted.
  7. i got blood poisoning a couple of years ago. stupidly waited till i could see every blood vessel in my right leg before realising i probably ought to go see the doctor.

at which point they amputated it.

mind you, we were tough in them days. i was back at work that afternoon.
  8. Thanks guys, that was an excellent piece of diagnosis, I am now the proud owner of a trailer load of penicillin.