On ROPS
On ROPs
Anyone tried it?

[video=youtube;ZLK28BHJDd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK28BHJDd8[/video]

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yep and just about to do this mornings.

I've dropped from 16st to 13st since October last year. I do the two months rotation and then take a couple of weeks off and start again. I've had very positive results and I'm glad I spent the money.
Think it beats regular circuit training or HIIT? I've smashed off a stone and a half in recent months, so that's a result, but now I wanna go uber sculpted.

Or to put it another way, do you think with a good diet, I can achieve anything with that program that simply ordinary circuit training won't give me?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Nothing major, running/mtb/kayak.

I'm slowly building up for Tough Mudder in Sept. I am nowhere near as fit as when I was in.
Can I come? I'm looking for a team mate for that.

Them at the gym seem to be scared of it and the lads I train with on a Saturday morning think it's too ******* easy.

There again, one of them is a para and the other is a marine. And they make their girlfriends do PT.. ha winner.

Instructor Profiles

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
The cheese and kisses suggested we get it just after Chrimbo - until I saw just how much stress it would place on my already fucked knees. There's an awful amount of lunge work in the sessions - something to bear in mind before you commit to buy...

So I went down a different route. I stopped eating shit.

It turns out we all have 6-packs would you Adam & Eve it? It's just that most of us don't know they're there / they exist because there's one or two layers of frightfulness blocking what is otherwise a rather aesthetic view.

And so after 4 months of not eating shit and dropping two stone, I can run again for miles and miles. And my knees don't hurt either. So I might try that new Insanity workout.

Anyone know if it's any good?

The cheese and kisses suggested we get it just after Chrimbo - until I saw just how much stress it would place on my already fucked knees. There's an awful amount of lunge work in the sessions - something to bear in mind before you commit to buy...

So I went down a different route. I stopped eating shit.

It turns out we all have 6-packs would you Adam & Eve it? It's just that most of us don't know they're there / they exist because there's one or two layers of frightfulness blocking what is otherwise a rather aesthetic view.

And so after 4 months of not eating shit and dropping two stone, I can run again for miles and miles. And my knees don't hurt either. So I might try that new Insanity workout.

Anyone know if it's any good?

Hmm not fat but still thick as a whale omelette then mate, if you'd have read the thread you'd have seen my post not more 10 posts previous!

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
BiscuitsAB said:
Hmm not fat but still thick as a whale omelette then mate, if you'd have read the thread you'd have seen my post not more 10 posts previous!
I saw your comment. I was trying to be ironic. (Obviously I failed)

As I was writing my post I suddenly realised my knees no longer hurt like they used to, because I'm not as heavy, meaning I could probably do the Insanity workout now. The irony being of course, I got where I wanted to without using the one thing I thought I'd need to get there in the first place...

...oh never mind ;-)

Done two rounds of P90X and now into second week of Insanity. Neilther are easy and take a fair bit of commitement (and money for a set of weights, I bought Bowflex 10-90) but are not beyond the wit of any normal mil type. P90X works, there's no doubt about it but it takes time (a good hour and a half each day) and will be sometime before you see results. You've got to eat right though, if you don't it's a complete waste of time and the nutrition guide is really helpful. I hit a mental barrier at two months but smashed on through which isn't unusual apparently so be aware.

Insanity is completely different and is a full-on thrashing. It's short but very intense and reminded me of my pre-para beat up, it's pretty grim but I enjoy it. It's not for everyone though and I can see why people sack it after a week.

Can I come? I'm looking for a team mate for that.

Them at the gym seem to be scared of it and the lads I train with on a Saturday morning think it's too ******* easy.

There again, one of them is a para and the other is a marine. And they make their girlfriends do PT.. ha winner.

Instructor Profiles

Sorry mate, I'm doing it as a 4, the other 3 are also ex bootnecks (my best mates from the corps, they seem to have managed to retain their fitness, whereas I have sat on my arse in an office for the last 15 years).

Ref your instructors:
Were just doing it for a laugh, it may be hard, it may be easy, but then again were not trying to look tough in front of civilian clients :)

To be honest, looking at the vids of Tough Mudder it does not look to bad, unless you are a racing snake and at the front. If your at the front you won't have to queue for the obstacles and it will be a hard / fast challenge. If your in the middle like I probably will be, then you have to queue for each obstacle so you get a breather.....nice.

Insanity/p90x = a lot of shite

Insanity/p90x = a lot of shite
No it isn't, it all depends on what you want it for. MMA training is utter bollocks if you want to be a gymnast and P90X is utter bollocks if you want to pass P Coy. Horses for courses and as this is the NAAFI, **** off.

Done two rounds of P90X and now into second week of Insanity. Neilther are easy and take a fair bit of commitement (and money for a set of weights, I bought Bowflex 10-90) but are not beyond the wit of any normal mil type. P90X works, there's no doubt about it but it takes time (a good hour and a half each day) and will be sometime before you see results. You've got to eat right though, if you don't it's a complete waste of time and the nutrition guide is really helpful. I hit a mental barrier at two months but smashed on through which isn't unusual apparently so be aware.

Insanity is completely different and is a full-on thrashing. It's short but very intense and reminded me of my pre-para beat up, it's pretty grim but I enjoy it. It's not for everyone though and I can see why people sack it after a week.

Because they're pussies. Insanity is for winners and the insane and to steal a phrase "I love it". Its given me a new level of energy and enthusiasm and the body of a bloke half my age ( yes I'll give it to Jarrod when I'm done! )