Insanity/p90x

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Drivers_lag, May 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone tried it?

2. Aye every morning - before the 30 mile run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Think yourself lucky you aren't looking at his boof head!

4. I've bought it.

Haven't started it yet.

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yep and just about to do this mornings.

I've dropped from 16st to 13st since October last year. I do the two months rotation and then take a couple of weeks off and start again. I've had very positive results and I'm glad I spent the money.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Are you working out a lot at present?

7. Think it beats regular circuit training or HIIT? I've smashed off a stone and a half in recent months, so that's a result, but now I wanna go uber sculpted.

Or to put it another way, do you think with a good diet, I can achieve anything with that program that simply ordinary circuit training won't give me?

8. Nothing major, running/mtb/kayak.

I'm slowly building up for Tough Mudder in Sept. I am nowhere near as fit as when I was in.

9. Can I come? I'm looking for a team mate for that.

Them at the gym seem to be scared of it and the lads I train with on a Saturday morning think it's too ******* easy.

There again, one of them is a para and the other is a marine. And they make their girlfriends do PT.. ha winner.

Instructor Profiles

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  10. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

The cheese and kisses suggested we get it just after Chrimbo - until I saw just how much stress it would place on my already fucked knees. There's an awful amount of lunge work in the sessions - something to bear in mind before you commit to buy...

So I went down a different route. I stopped eating shit.

It turns out we all have 6-packs would you Adam & Eve it? It's just that most of us don't know they're there / they exist because there's one or two layers of frightfulness blocking what is otherwise a rather aesthetic view.

And so after 4 months of not eating shit and dropping two stone, I can run again for miles and miles. And my knees don't hurt either. So I might try that new Insanity workout.

Anyone know if it's any good?

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Hmm not fat but still thick as a whale omelette then mate, if you'd have read the thread you'd have seen my post not more 10 posts previous!

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I saw your comment. I was trying to be ironic. (Obviously I failed)

As I was writing my post I suddenly realised my knees no longer hurt like they used to, because I'm not as heavy, meaning I could probably do the Insanity workout now. The irony being of course, I got where I wanted to without using the one thing I thought I'd need to get there in the first place...

...oh never mind ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Done two rounds of P90X and now into second week of Insanity. Neilther are easy and take a fair bit of commitement (and money for a set of weights, I bought Bowflex 10-90) but are not beyond the wit of any normal mil type. P90X works, there's no doubt about it but it takes time (a good hour and a half each day) and will be sometime before you see results. You've got to eat right though, if you don't it's a complete waste of time and the nutrition guide is really helpful. I hit a mental barrier at two months but smashed on through which isn't unusual apparently so be aware.

Insanity is completely different and is a full-on thrashing. It's short but very intense and reminded me of my pre-para beat up, it's pretty grim but I enjoy it. It's not for everyone though and I can see why people sack it after a week.