Inquest - inadequate equipment causes troop deaths

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Jan 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I paranoid or is the lengthy delay in inquests viewed as beneficial by this government in terms of avoiding bad PR? At this rate, Bliar will be ensconsed in his Dear Leader's Memorial Pyramid before the final inquests into the deaths of men and women infinitely more worthy than him are held.

The issues of Snatch land rovers and lack of IFF equipment will be considered this week. How much would it cost to fit an IFF black box to AFVs to lessen the likelihood of so-called "blue on blue" incidents?

2. Your bold questions, in order:

1. No - or perhaps, - if you are - so am I.

2, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, f*cking YES!!

No news = No War.

Invisible casualties. What a f*cking concept.

Don't bury the dead - bury the news of the dead.

3. Just love this quote:
    A spokesman for the MoD defended the use of Soft Top Land Rovers, saying they were less intimidating for locals than armoured vehicles.

Nothing to do with the cost factor then....hypocrites. Even if true, it tells us the MOD value 'not intimidating locals' more than protecting the lives of British troops.....

4. I suppose if you live in Islington or Clapham, armoured vehicles might seem intimidating.

If you live in the southern provinces and took everything that the Iranian Army could throw at you from 1980 to 1988, and then watched Saddams army rape the marshes, you are probably made of sterner stuff.

No doubt , before long, the British government will be seeking to mandate gay adoption in Iraq as well ?