Innovative Freebies

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Spanish_Dave, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Can anybody suggest innovative promotional items that can be given out at an exhibition, doesent have to be employer related, but cannot be mouse mats, t shirts and the normal blurb
  2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

what do you suggest, new or used :?
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

cradles for mobile phones / remote controls
    passport covers
    cheque book covers (banks don't seem to issue any more)
    ipod holders / covers / wallets (no use to me but the yoof might like them)
    sun hats
    pens / pen holders
    alarm clocks
  4. lanyards are always a big hit at trade fairs, dont know why but everyone seems to go for them. The lads at hanson were handing out foam bricks at last Interbuild, that kept me amused for a long time.
  5. Post it pads or mints in tins seem work well at our trade shows.

Also there was a stand handing out little pots filled with granules and a sunflower seed. The idea being, that all you have to do is fill the pot with water and over time, the sunflower will grow. Once its big enough, you can then plant it out. The pot was also covered in the company logo so you can't forget who gave it to you. (the premise behind the sunflower was offsetting carbon but I am sure it could be tailored in many different ways.)
  6. From what I've seen memory sticks are one of the few freebies that actually get used for more than a few minutes.

Preloading them with a few choice images might make your company even more memorable... :D :twisted:
  7. key fob mini-torches or thermal mugs
  8. Our company PocketComms, has been producing a corporate giveaway version of our Universal Language System, When bought in enough quantity we can provide a version with branding on the front and back cover (and /or on a sleeve), at a "giveaway" price but it retains a high perceived value unlike a pen or mousemat. It has proved popular with business travellers and also with clubs and holiday/travel companies to reinforce their branding and it is something that people hang on to and reuse again and again.

PM me or e-mail me via the website at if you are interested and I can send you a sample and some pricing.

Attached Files:

9. new, and someone to use them with...

on a slightly more serious note I'd have to agree with .Dolly about memory sticks. I did see a cunning one which had all the usual leaflets the company would give out saved onto the stick. Instead of throwing paper away the worst that happens is the image/document is deleted.
  10. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Of course if the memory stick was for a military expo then it would need to have some form of encryption due to the policy on removable media. Other wise it would only be of use for personell requiring it for personal computing.
  11. You're not going to start handing out baseline encrypted USB sticks to anyone and everyone... Heh no one would be able to use them for a start. Anyway, shouldn't be using non MOD issued/sanctioned hardware/software on any official system - so it will be for personal computing.

I love free memory sticks. Multitools are one of the best I have heard of as well. I'm a fan of mugs as well -> as long as they fit my coffee vending machine at work.