Innocent soldier victim of cocaine test swap

So he wanted to leave the Army, and his mate helped him out and now the ungrateful **** is stitching him up. No doubt after some serious compo.

Jokes aside, who'd be ******* low enough to destroy someone elses career. If this bloke really has done this, he deserves a regimental kicking before being shipped off to jail.

An innocent soldier was discharged from the Army for taking cocaine because a colleague swapped a drugs test sample, a court marshall has heard.

Innocent soldier 'victim of cocaine test swap' - Telegraph
If all true then the man Molloy clearly has a lot to answer for, both to the people in his unit and to Warren-Beck.

However the most negligent thing here seems to be the test process that allowed him to do that. Surely when such samples are taken, those conducting the test need to ensure that they take charge of the samples as they are collected. How they left them so such a switch was possible is feeble.

In all my years in the Army I've never once seen an opportunity for two soldiers to swap samples.

How the **** did they manage it?
Thats what I was thinking. I also wonder why the Sgt that Molloy told that he had taken cocaine did not report him.

Some shenanigans going on methinks.

P

PrinceAlbert

I've also no idea how the samples could have been swapped. You lag in a pot, poor it into the tubes, which are then sealed and registered right in front of you.

No one actually touches the tubes, apart from yourself, until it's all been sealed.

There must be more to this story.

P

PrinceAlbert

I've also no idea how the samples could have been swapped. You lag in a pot, poor it into the tubes, which are then sealed and registered right in front of you.

No one actually touches the tubes, apart from yourself, until it's all been sealed.

It would need both the willy watchers with them to be in on it and for the non-druggie lad to be an complete and utter moron.

There's also the claim that druggie soldier told his Stripey that he'd taken Coke. I know the Kingos aren't famed for their mental agility but surely he must have realised you have to do a bit more than write 'Brufen, headache pills (unknown type), cocaine' on the docket and leave it at that?

Yes, that sounds like the kind of process and diligence I would have expected.

It just seems unlikely that a drug test would be managed in such a poor way that someone could swap the samples while no-one was looking or whatever. You just know if that was even the case, some lawyer would have driven a coach and horses through it a long time ago on behalf of some miscreant.

Latest Threads