inner soles for issue boots

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by kayak8889, Feb 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of any good inner soles for issue boots :?:

2. You mean other than the issued green things?
    Im gonna need to change my boots I think. They were a snug fit unbroken, at 13, but now they're broken in I could host a medium size cocktail party in the toecap of the left one, and still have enough room to swing a large cat in the remainder...
    Go for the old 'oudour eaters' if you just want to pad them out a bit.

3. yes other than the green issue soles-i just cant get on with them.

4. I use sorbothane , turns army boot into a combat slipper

5. I agree , Sorbathane and Why are you still using the issue "Boot Combat High" , Bounty time is coming up so why not treat yersen to a pair of Gucci Boots such as lowa or danner or such like
    :D :D :D
    B_T

6. boots combat high - a sh1t boot, get some assault boots, and sorbathane inserts turn them into high leg trainers.

Rincewind

7. If you are going for Sorbrothane I advise to go for the footpad and not the wafer thin sports number

But agree, I haven't wore a boot of any description withot one in for over 15 years

8. Sorbothane also soaks up water like a sponge and causes trenchfoot. If you use Sorbothane have two pairs so you can change them and keep the issue ones handy too. They don't cause trenchfoot.

9. I tried sorbathanes, but found they gave to much bounce and the shock returning back up my leg to my knee hurt even more. I took a pair insoles from some Silver shadows and never had a problem after. Each to their own i guess. :)

SK

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I agree with Skjold, it's horses for courses, what suits my feet might not suit yours.

Before Sorbothane made the shaped footbeds I used their thin soles in my boots, covered with an insole from a pair of running shoes to support the arch.

I've don't recognise the problem of any Sorbothanes soaking up water although I do use more than one pair of insoles, but that's basic soldiering skills - keeping your kit clean and in good nick.

11. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I second all the above.

12. Went to buy the sorbathane insoles, but there were two different types available- one pair for about £5 and another pair for about £17 sport ones

just wanted to check what ones are the right ones to get??

cheers

13. As Cuts said
    Use the thin complete sorbothane ones with trg shoes insoles to support the arch or use the ones with ball of foot and heel sorbothane by themselves. Personally, i always found in the latter the heel moved.

14. what are the ones you can get from the med-centre?

pink colour, much nicer than issue, and dont cost you a penny

I'm not the best one for advice on insoles tho really. as a crow I did cambrian, and when I took my boots off at the end I realised Id forgotten to put my insoles in. no wonder my feet hurt

15. i bought the thin insoles, but are already killing my feet mainly on the arcch they also press up on to the top part of boot - hopefully boots will wear in a bit more as new..

The other insoles they do are the sport ones has anybody tried them they are about £20 a pair?????