INLA group to renounce violence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Year right! They'll still carry on the kneecappings & punishment beatings while shifting their activities onto drugs & stuff full time.
    Wonder how many have gone over to the Real IRA?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8301241.stm

2. Pity ,as after McGlinchy they were better at killing their own mates than anything else.Remember West Belfast in the early 90s lots of INLA funerals.

3. As you say Spike, it has to be taken with a pinch of salt considering they are still involved in criminal activities.

But after all their infighting, at least people will (hopefully) be able to eat a pizza without watching somebody get shot and they won't be so nervous queuing in the Falls Road brew office.

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Wonder when Broon & Co will comment & take credit...

5. Wasn't Bernadette McFuckingWhoreBag the political mouthpiece of the INLA?

6. I'd prefer if they renonouced their freedom to being outside of prison or living in general....

7. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

She was indeed, and we can blame a certain Patrol in 3 Para for saving her life, after an assination attempt :wink:

8. Oh she did look stunningly beautiful over the sights of my SLR but then I was distracted for some reason.

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Better target op?....

10. So first you have that rather stupid remark, and then you have this (from Wikipaedia) showing the British Army at its very finest:

MsG

11. Fecking INLA killed more RCs (same as PIRA) than they did Security Force members. I fondly remember the time in the 90s when two factions merrily slotted each other. They were nothing more than criminals/druggies.

12. Just shows you, sometimes the Army makes a right cock-up.

13. I'm sorry, Scarletto, but I disagree. I reckon the lads from 3 Para had their priorities exactly right and I've nothing but praise and admiration for them. Notwithstanding that I might be a wee bit biased, since I've met Ms McAliskey on a number of occasions and she is one extremely impressive lady.

You can agree or disagree with, and argue about, her political position and views, but that shouldn't be a criterion in deciding whether she should be shot or not. She was never a member of INLA and took no part in any attacks by those nutters.

MsG

14. [/quote] MsG Just shows you, sometimes the Army makes a right c***-up.[/quote]
    I'm sorry, Scarletto, but I disagree. I reckon the lads from 3 Para had their priorities exactly right and I've nothing but praise and admiration for them. MsG[/quote]

She wasn't afraid to praise the patrol in subsequent TV documentaries; indeed I seem to recall she met the blokes who saved her life on camera many years later.

...and she stopped gobbing off:)