Injury walt about to be ousted.

Pissed up motorcycle mongery and elbows out PLFs were also common causes among my peers as a callow youth.

AFCS pay a maximum £650K per condition.

If ending up looking like an immobile abattoir reject only gets you £570K, I have no idea what the higher figure is reserved for.

When I received mine it was £570k for Level 1. When the first uplift for AFCS came level 1 was the only one not uplifted. All previous claimants received the difference.

When the second uplift came that included the Level 1 uplift to £650k, previous claimants were not entitled to the difference in uplift this time.

That £570k (now £650k) is the maximum you can receive, not maximum for each condition. I actually received a letter stating that the total compensation for my injuries was over £800k (this was before the uplifts), but the maximum that could be awarded was the £570k.

Therefore I haven’t received the same compensation for my injuries as others or I haven’t been compensated for injuries that others have received injuries.

Now consider this when someone posts on here wanting a level 6 tariff solely for PTSD. (MH did not feature on any of my claims, what was the point?).

£2.5m? Lets put that in perspective. I received £570k

View attachment 683083
You've posted your injury photo before @dingerr and it takes the breath away... there is no suitable 'thread emoji' that can be used as a response and it's just beyond my comprehension the journey you've travelled since then.

In all seriousness, might it be an opportune moment to contact the journalist dealing with this news piece (either directly or get someone to contact her with your agreement) and piggyback a follow-up article..? 'Compare and Contrast' type of thing?.. ..highlight to her what you've highlighted to us? It's appalling if you and your family are struggling in any way and are doing it in relative silence.

Keep your personal profile raised... always.... (in an 'awareness on a national scale' sense) so that in ten years time you aren't just a name held in high regard by a bunch of old ******* on here.... especially while some charlatans may be screwing the system because they're more able bodied than they make out and so are physically better able to perform the theatrics to squeeze compensation out when it's undeserved... or less deserving than your case and others like you.

Y-R-A

Clanker
When I received mine it was £570k for Level 1. When the first uplift for AFCS came level 1 was the only one not uplifted. All previous claimants received the difference.

When the second uplift came that included the Level 1 uplift to £650k, previous claimants were not entitled to the difference in uplift this time.

That £570k (now £650k) is the maximum you can receive, not maximum for each condition. I actually received a letter stating that the total compensation for my injuries was over £800k (this was before the uplifts), but the maximum that could be awarded was the £570k.

Therefore I haven’t received the same compensation for my injuries as others or I haven’t been compensated for injuries that others have received injuries.

Now consider this when someone posts on here wanting a level 6 tariff solely for PTSD. (MH did not feature on any of my claims, what was the point?).
My L6 was not just for PTSD but all the other injuries from getting shot/blown up with an RPG which I had to fight for and am still getting messed about by MOD and Mental health teams as they don't have a clue. I lost a bit of my arm but nowhere near the Injuries you sustained m8 but I still fight the same demons 15 years later I just didn't claim for the money but for the help and equipment, meds and other things I can't do but others can for the rest of my life, not entitled to benefits and unable to work so I live off my GIP

Yeah, they've changed it since.

Pretty sure that the maximum payout of £650K is now per condition (I'm not at work so can't check for certain).

Yeah, they've changed it since.

Pretty sure that the maximum payout of £650K is now per condition (I'm not at work so can't check for certain).

Lovely, that would be an extra kick in the bòllocks.