Injuries

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by cannon fodder, Mar 20, 2005.

?
  1. Knees

57.4%
  2. Ears

10.6%
  3. Penis

4.3%
  4. Mind

9.6%
  5. All of the above

14.9%
  6. Bumhole... !

3.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What part of your body has suffered most during your service?

2. Knees and lower back - strangely enough from injuries in my youth, not as an oldie.

3. Yes knees and lower back . Three knee ops and lots of 'help' for the back.

Also issued those pink plastic ear defenders, can't hear a thing now.

4. Tore all the ligaments in my knee. Waited two years for surgery (thanks to useless physios thinking they can fix things themselves), finally starting to get back into phys now, almost 3 years later

5. .........say again.

I got out 15 years ago, on the day of leaving I lobbed my trainers in the bin vowing never to run again, and if anyone suggested going for a tab I'd have laughed in their face.

Within three years I had started running again (while at uni) and I've loaded up the bergan more than once and done the odd 10, 15, 20 miler as well. However, a knee operation last month has meant I'm just getting back in to running after a long layoff.

I suppose its in the blood :D

6. My Hair

All my trade also seem to lose their hair very early on.

7. It has to be ears. Some knob discharged an SLR next to my left one during the confusion during a mock section attack. There were no BFA's available. Hey this was the TA for Christ's Sake ! I was deaf for the rest of the afternoon, and have had no top range in it ever since. I'm also convinced 58 kidney pouches have knackered my back due to their ergonomically poor design and bad position.

8. Kness, lower back (bridging.. oh dont you just love being on top panel when yr a short arse - c*nts) and Ankles (Early High Leg Combat Boots...)

Hearing pretty much ok (when 'she who thinks she must be obeyed' is not in range :roll: ), but then never used those stupid 'pink ear plugs' or 'fall apart' issued ear defs, I proffed a decent set of 'ear defs' from the RAF early on (hey I was a sapper, gotta keep up corp traditions and all :wink: ) figured if they are good for fast jet ground jocks then they will do me..... :lol:

9. Kness, lower back (bridging.. oh dont you just love being on top panel when yr a short arse - c*nts) and Ankles (Early High Leg Combat Boots...)

Hearing pretty much ok (when 'she who thinks she must be obeyed' is not in range :roll: ), but then never used those stupid 'pink ear plugs' or 'fall apart' issued ear defs, I proffed a decent set of 'ear defs' from the RAF early on (hey I was a sapper, gotta keep up corp traditions and all :wink: ) figured if they are good for fast jet ground jocks then they will do me..... :lol:

10. Knees - partially severed medial ligament & cartlidge in Right Knee :(

Neck - 2 vertebra fractured (diving header & also headed upright!) :D

Lower back - 2 vertebra fractured & displaced disc (by medics when on traction for back pain, resulting in jab in base of spine and no nerve reactions below waist!) 8O

Both ankles, achiles tendons & wrists broken on numerous occaisions :(

Sense of humour seriously damaged :D

Also, I've just had my final medical as I'm coming to the end of FTRS and its nice to see that civvy doctors working for the army are just as crap at final medicals as the old military medic officers used to be. When asked what other problems I had (after finding movement in my back & neck was limited) nothing I told him was written down :evil:

11. It was a toss-up between the earhole and the bumhole.

Just too many sharp bangs over 20 plus years means I struggle to hear anything if there is any background noise, mind you this can be a positive advantage when Mrs Numnums is going on a bit.

I don't know what really causes piles but what ever it was I clearly did it. They're a happy little memory of past times.

Worst injury received on day of discharge. Not a massive pain that you can't live with and enjoy a relatively good life style but a dull pain that just niggles, you know what I mean. A hole in your soul that no civvy job can fill. Cameraderie, the jokes, shared experiences, good and bad times that only soldiers know. Still ARRSE goes a long way to improve things.

12. My ears were 20:20 (or whatever the ratio is) and when I left they were down by 20-30% I have a problem with hearing anything when there's background noise about. Nothing to do with weapons but years of wearing "cans".

13. You can say that again - in fact, I'll do it for you as you are so right

14. Fractured my 4th and 5th vertibrea in a nasty drunken tumble off a bouncy castle at a drum majors leaving party (to all none clued up bods I effectively broke my neck). Sent to hospital and less than a week later (against the orders of a civvy doctor) I was flown to NI from the UK and stuck in a certain millitary hospital in NI for a further 5 weeks...