I have a custard injury. Last night, assisting Mrs_spirit in the chores (I know - I'm a saint!) I was tackling the 'man's' washing up; you know, the dried and burnt on residue that the fairer sex believe can only be shifted by Cillit Bang or gentleman's efforts. I was applying some elbow grease to a bowl which had contained a quantity of chocolate custard (yum!) but had been left for a couple of days and had dried to a consistency normally reserved for the muddy underside of afvs after 2 weeks on the Plain. While really giving it some with the scourer a large sliver of the brown superglue separated from the bowl and made an incisive attack under my thumbnail causing an anguished yelp, no little pain, copious bleeding for such a small injury and light to moderate sympathy. I fully realise that worse injuries have been sustained over the years by members of Her Majesties Armed Forces, I seek no mass outpourings of sympathy or compensation from Bird's Custard manufacturers. I am seeking other stories of injuries sustained in the least Ally fashion. Can anyone top being injured by custard?