Injuries and Exercises/Battle Camps/Ops

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by teeheehee, Oct 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m a Soldier who carries an injury which stops me from carrying weight, running or marching over any kind of distance. I am P3LE and undergoing intense rehabilitation and have been told that I should be returning to full fitness within 12 months.

What are the rules/laws of me deploying on Exercise/Operations? My Appendix 9 states that I’m pretty much limited to my rehab programme in the gym and not much else. I hear something about an Appendix 26 which needs to go to my Doctor to be signed before I am sent on any Exercise/Op, is this the case? If so, does the CoC have to start this process or is it the responsibility of the Soldier?

2. Don't even bother. If you go down whilst on Ops/Exercise you will only become a burden to those around you and resentment quickly sets in.

3. I'm not trying to, it's my CoC, insisting I will only take part in whichever activities that my med documentation states I can. It's the same for other none-FE soldiers, too.

4. Appendix 26 is part of the PULHHEEMS Admin Pamphlet. It is a 2-page risk assessment that should be started by your CoC, and then you + the leaflet will go to the doc & he'll decide what you can/can't do. Just give your CoC a gentle nudge in the right direction (The form is on the Defence intranet - search for PAP 10 & it should come up.

5. Thanks. I will look into it.