Injured soldier denied payout,

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Apr 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just saw this on BBC, and if true , get the outrage bus out

2. link?

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. Has he had any payout from the MOD?

That aside, if he took out insurance, then what the hell is going on in this world if they think that makes any difference?

He took a cup to a stand! and? why does this effect any claim? fook me, I must be lost in this world, nothing makes sense anymore.

Do the insurers not think he walks to the toilet, kitchen, etc? a quick walk on and walk off hardly changes anything does it?

This world is shite.

Anyone in the stocks and shares world who can fook this company over?

5. Abacus,PAX all the same bunch of penny pinching cnuts, hope the bloke gets 25k and more.

6. On the BBC link you can how he walked unaided, holding that cup. I doubt anyone could fake the limp he had.I seen people a week after hip replacements walk better than that.

Typical insurance company looking at any way they can weasel out of making just payments, they are all quick enough when your payment is a day late.

7. Sadly very true.

8. Clearly the insurance company are using a gargantuan effort by a soldier, determined not to let his appalling wounds get the better of him, as an excuse to renege on their obligations. Compensation should be based on the injury received and not take into account someone with enormous courage and determination battling through immense pain to achieve miraculous results.
    The message coming from the insurance company is to let the injuries overcome you, play the victim and spin everything out as much as you can.

9. Telegraph link

10. Edited: It came from the NOTW originally? - Bunch of kuntz! Prob a load of bollox then.

11. After reading the above (Telegraph) link, why has it taken 2 years to decide on the payout?

Yes, I know insurance companies are cnuts, but come on!

Injuries sustained 2 years ago? why the delay?

12. He is one of us. If he had been a teacher he`d be in line for figures 7 in a pay-out. One got £45k? for a TWISTED ankle!! :x :soldier: (x)

13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Am I the only person who thinks that such injuries should be compensated by the Crown rather than that soldiers should have to pay privately for insurance?

14. Nope, but this is 2010, and the people who deserve it are far outweighed by those who actually get it.

I point you towards, "sprained wrist typists" and "hurt feelings trannies" to mention but a few.

How dare you think that those who actually have earned anything should take precedence, over those who are PC enough to warrant it :)

Sadly, the way of things is such, wrong as it really is.