Injured Sapper's recovery and recuperation

It's good to see this Sapper being supported by a mutual RN diving buddy:

Soldier loses legs in Afghan blast
Portsmouth News 24 July 2010 said:
Friends of a soldier whose legs were blown off in roadside blast say he's remaining positive despite his appalling injuries. Michael Yule, a sergeant in the Royal Engineers, had been serving in Afghanistan since March. He was with his colleagues in Helmand when he stepped on an explosive device and took the full blast of the bomb...(more)
I wish Sgt Yule a speedy recovery and the best possible future given the nature of his injuries.

Today's Portsmouth News contains the following article. RN Minewarfare and Clearance Diving Officer, Lt Cdr Richard 'Soapy' Watson RN, appears on the extreme left in the photo of the runners.

Runners endure mud fundraiser for soldier who lost legs to bomb
Portsmouth News 26 Jul 2010 said:
Teams of runners took part in a muddy fundraiser for a soldier who lost both legs. Friends and strangers banded together in support of Michael Yule whose legs were blown off in a roadside blast in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Three teams took part in the Search and Rescue event in which competitors ran in muddy, shallow water, from Port Solent, across Portchester creek to Portchester Castle where they had to rescue 14 'dummies'...

Good stuff. Keep on.

It's good to see the support from the RN, thanks for the link Dunservin, there have been a lot of injured Sappers from 33 Engr Regt (EOD) as well as other Engineer Regiments while carrying out the extremely dangerous job of High Risk Search in the sandy place over the past couple of years ...

It's good to see this Sapper being supported by a mutual RN diving buddy:

Soldier loses legs in Afghan blast

I wish Sgt Yule a speedy recovery and the best possible future given the nature of his injuries.
Micky Yule was my sect cdr at Gib barracks while on my B3 cbt engrs course, only just recently found about his injuries, absolutely gutted to hear about it. I really hope hes made a good recovery and wish him the best in the future.

Micky Yule was my sect cdr at Gib barracks while on my B3 cbt engrs course, only just recently found about his injuries, absolutely gutted to hear about it. I really hope hes made a good recovery and wish him the best in the future.
Just watched Slider: Ice Warrior Challenge (on Quest+1) featuring Micky Yule on a modified skeleton on the Whistler downhill bobsleigh run racing against the reigning world champion.
Everything about this was outstanding. Exceptional effort by Micky and his team. Technology fans will like this too. Slider
N.B. Quest Play on Demand appears to have region restrictions.

A brief summary below:

"At present, double amputees can’t take part in skeleton sport, but Micky wants to prove that being an Olympian isn’t about having the perfect body, or the perfect number of limbs. It’s about the Olympic spirit–giving everything you’ve got and never giving up.
Sliding downwards at speeds of 120km an hour, Micky has set himself a massive challenge, which will culminate in a battle against reigning world skeleton champion and Olympic medal-winner, Martins Dukurs. This is the first time a double amputee has challenged an able-bodied world champion skeleton athlete, which will see them compete in a thrilling head-to-head challenge at the world’s fastest slide at the Whistler Sliding Centre in Canada."

I watched Slider last night and fully agree with @Electromagnetic, a fantastic effort by Micky and his team. Credit to Martins Dukurs too, who didn't patronise Micky by making allowances for him being diffy legs but gave him the respect due to any competitor.

I watched Slider last night and fully agree with @Electromagnetic, a fantastic effort by Micky and his team. Credit to Martins Dukurs too, who didn't patronise Micky by making allowances for him being diffy legs but gave him the respect due to any competitor.
I hope this may lead to exciting opportunities for para-Olypians and stimulate innovative engineering solutions for other sports, outdoor adventure and for everyday life.