Injured Medic saves the lives of her patrol

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dashing_Chap, Sep 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi chaps & chapesses!

Saw this in today's London Metro:

Metro, London, Thursday, September 3, 2009

There's probably a link to the story somewhere on the internet if anyone has it. I must say she's rather scrummy too! Well done to her! I know there's not as many girls as lads out there but you don't hear many stories from their perspective imho.

&c,

~D.C.

2. Been done, do keep up and try search

3. Linky
    Tory Graph

And..to add..very well done to her too

4. Well done, lass

5. Isn't that what medics in the army do? They don't work for the NHS.

It's a bit like saying:

'A bomb disposal expert risked his own life when he defused an IED'.

or

'An infantry soldier risked his own life when he returned fire whilst in close contact'.

6. That's true, but the dedication and skill with which people do their jobs varies enormously, and it would seem there are 7 guys who are very glad she maintained the highest standards when it really mattered.

Many of our masters don't understand "standards" or the concept.

7. I think the point is that she continued to administer medical attention despite her own shrapnel wounds and then refused casevac in order to contiune patroling with her section. Very brave and, I hope, gives our fighting troops confidence that there is deployed medical and nursing care that is the world's finest and is at the front with them.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think Fallschirmjager's point is what she has done is all very admirable, but there are hundreds or indeed thousands of troops doing much the same day in day out as part of their everyday duties. So in that way nothing over and above what soldiers are expected to do as part of their job.

I think is a hyped MoD PR stunt because she's a bit of a looker.

9. Would make sense I guess. As the MoD need all the positive press they can get of late. Definately a looker tho aye.

10. How do sex starved soldiers living monastically for months at a time manage when there is hot totty like that to remind them what they are missing? It must be torture.

11. Or professionalism :roll:

12. Hot totty? She's okay but hardly a stunner. Anyway we just wank each other off on ops.

13. It seems that she did her job, whilst injured, called down an airstrike on the attackers and stayed on with the injured, all of which is rather good going to say the least. I agree that for the most part she was only doing her job, and that many are but she did it rather well. I wonder if she has been recommended for an award.

14. No she didn't. The FAC called in the airstrike.