Injured bird (chaffinch)

I knew of a city couple, bless them. Came to the Cotswolds in their 4x4 and hit a peasant on the A40 heading back home, oblivious to them the bird smashed their radiator grill. Still alive it was discovered when the couple got home, they immediately took it to a vet! The verdict was poor bird needed to be put down, I think it cost them £75 or was that the rabbit that had its teeth filed down!
More money than sense - just get out the bricks!
I say old boy.. We have the NHS, no need to take your Peasant to the vet.

Ravers walt that you are.

Verwaltung

Clanker
I knew of a city couple, bless them. Came to the Cotswolds in their 4x4 and hit a peasant on the A40 heading back home, oblivious to them the bird smashed their radiator grill. Still alive it was discovered when the couple got home, they immediately took it to a vet! The verdict was poor bird needed to be put down, I think it cost them £75 or was that the rabbit that had its teeth filed down!
More money than sense - just get out the bricks!
Ruddy peasants, they get everywhere these days....

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Right 1st thing first, I am not a vet.
To treat this bird correctly you will need 2 bricks...
Allow me.

Isn't that painful?

Only if you get a thumb between the bricks.

I only just noticed - you didn't leave out the s - you left it behind
FFS, i'me getting to old for this shit, eyes need re-calibrating, knees with a mind of their own, one hip thinks its time to leave, hearing at only 50% potential, white hair, and not much of it, arthritic fingers, piles, overweight, stiff neck, I can remember what i got for Christmas 1953, but not where my bloody car keys are. This getting old lark, its all bollox.

Teeblerone

War Hero
FFS, i'me getting to old for this shit, eyes need re-calibrating, knees with a mind of their own, one hip thinks its time to leave, hearing at only 50% potential, white hair, and not much of it, arthritic fingers, piles, overweight, stiff neck, I can remember what i got for Christmas 1953, but not where my bloody car keys are. This getting old lark, its all bollox.
But getting old, as the saying goes, beats the alternative.

Ritch

LE

I have no qualms in offering you assistance in passing on.

If it dies, do as the Spanish do, eat it, they trap and eat millions of small birds every year.
GOOGLE Spanish eating finches.
So do the Cypriots, they love to net migrating birds, arrseholes

If it dies, do as the Spanish do, eat it, they trap and eat millions of small birds every year.
GOOGLE Spanish eating finches.
And in Cyprus as well.
Went out for a Meze once and one of the many dishes was little birds no bigger than a sparrow.
The amount of effort that must have been involved in plucking and gutting ( nearly said drawing !) made no sense for the tiny amount of meat involved.

I was out for a run the other day and a blackbird flew out of a hedge and smacked straight into my knee. It fell to the ground where it lay still, and I thought it was just a bit stunned and would recover and fly away, but it didn’t - it died after a few moments.

Bloody sad, and took all the enjoyment out of my run.

Latest Threads