Initial Interview

Hi,

I have my initial interview on the 3/07 at my local AFCO and I have been preparing in the usual ways but, I still have a few questions (I've used the search function on here).

1. I know there are no numerical assessments at this stage but, am I likely to be asked any mental arithmetic in the interview?

2. Do I fill out another application form after the interview which then accompanies me to briefing if successful? or do they use the initial application form I submitted on-line?

3. What time frame am I looking at to find out if I was successful at this interview stage?

Just trying to cover my bases so I can make the best impression possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Of course, the sharp eyed cognoscenti of ARRSE will have observed it's the soldier candidate that answers the officer candidate's question (and that the OP edits his post to conceal the fact that he/she is applying to be an officer - but not in that order)...

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi,

I have my initial interview on the 3/07 at my local AFCO and I have been preparing in the usual ways but, I still have a few questions (I've used the search function on here).

1. I know there are no numerical assessments at this stage but, am I likely to be asked any mental arithmetic in the interview?

2. Do I fill out another application form after the interview which then accompanies me to briefing if successful? or do they use the initial application form I submitted on-line?

3. What time frame am I looking at to find out if I was successful at this interview stage?

Just trying to cover my bases so I can make the best impression possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
1. No

2. No, the online application is just that, your application

3. The SCA conducting the interview will probably tell you how you have done but official confirmation from your CSM within a few days*

*- That is a Capita few days so if you haven't heard from them within 3-4 days start phoning your CSM

Of course, the sharp eyed cognoscenti of ARRSE will have observed it's the soldier candidate that answers the officer candidate's question (and that the OP edits his post to conceal the fact that he/she is applying to be an officer - but not in that order)...
You are incorrect I'm afraid, I edited my post due to a minor spelling mistake (albeit it should not have been made in the first place). Why would I try and conceal the fact that I am applying to be an officer? surely as I am posting in 'Regular Officer Recruiting' one would assume (correctly so) that i am indeed...applying to be an officer.

Note: I edited this ;)

1. No

2. No, the online application is just that, your application

3. The SCA conducting the interview will probably tell you how you have done but official confirmation from your CSM within a few days*

*- That is a Capita few days so if you haven't heard from them within 3-4 days start phoning your CSM
Thanks very much!

You are incorrect I'm afraid, I edited my post due to a minor spelling mistake (albeit it should not have been made in the first place). Why would I try and conceal the fact that I am applying to be an officer? surely as I am posting in 'Regular Officer Recruiting' one would assume (correctly so) that i am indeed...applying to be an officer.

Note: I edited this ;)
NewRecruit90 - my apologies (still a little "emotional" after the Lions game...). Best of luck!

Thank you for the heads up, I expected that at briefing and main board but, I wasn't sure about the interview. Does anyone know the wait times on briefing and main board at the moment, I will ask in my interview but, it would be nice to have a rough estimate.

I was offered a briefing date in two weeks time and did my medical 2 weeks ago. I did my initial interview about 3 weeks before that. However I think they are fast tracking me as I got caught in the change over and nothing happened for 4 months despite me constantly pestering everyone. I had to have two initial interviews as well. All good practice I guess.

May as well hi-jack while I'm here. Any tips for briefing? Is every part an equal component or does say fitness have a bigger weighting over current affairs or vice versa?

cpunk

LE
Briefing is primarily about preparing candidates for the Main Board. They are looked at 'in the round' and some assessment does take place but the aim is to make sure candidates have the ammunition to deal with the tasks thrown at them on the Main Board. A 'Cat 4' is only awarded when a candidate really doesn't have a chance of passing AOSB based on aptitude, fitness and performance as seen by the Board. No particular aspect is 'weighted'.

Very nice! Congratulations! I'm a few steps behind having just completed my initial interview. Waiting for medical and briefing. Hopefully going to make it for the September intake.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Have you been told that the September intake is still open? I'm hoping to go for that one too, but I've heard that it tends to be filled very quickly by school and uni leavers before they've even graduated.

The January intake sounds like the most miserable of the lot.

Latest Threads