Initial Interview

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by NewRecruit90, Jun 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I have my initial interview on the 3/07 at my local AFCO and I have been preparing in the usual ways but, I still have a few questions (I've used the search function on here).

1. I know there are no numerical assessments at this stage but, am I likely to be asked any mental arithmetic in the interview?

2. Do I fill out another application form after the interview which then accompanies me to briefing if successful? or do they use the initial application form I submitted on-line?

3. What time frame am I looking at to find out if I was successful at this interview stage?

Just trying to cover my bases so I can make the best impression possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. I had my interview on Tuesday there, an it was more a chat it felt like.

Loads of info on interview questions been asked here

Although I applied to be a regular soldier rather than a officer... Not sure how relevant the informations will be to you.
  3. Of course, the sharp eyed cognoscenti of ARRSE will have observed it's the soldier candidate that answers the officer candidate's question (and that the OP edits his post to conceal the fact that he/she is applying to be an officer - but not in that order)...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

1. No

2. No, the online application is just that, your application

3. The SCA conducting the interview will probably tell you how you have done but official confirmation from your CSM within a few days*

*- That is a Capita few days so if you haven't heard from them within 3-4 days start phoning your CSM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks very much for the link, I hope your interview went well!
  6. You are incorrect I'm afraid, I edited my post due to a minor spelling mistake (albeit it should not have been made in the first place). Why would I try and conceal the fact that I am applying to be an officer? surely as I am posting in 'Regular Officer Recruiting' one would assume (correctly so) that i am indeed...applying to be an officer.

Note: I edited this ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks very much!
  8. Yeah I passed my interview, got my PDA (pre-assesment) next week

All the best to you when it comes
  9. NewRecruit90 - my apologies (still a little "emotional" after the Lions game...). Best of luck!
  10. Army Jobs

Army Jobs Swinger SME

What has been said below is correct, however at AOSB be prepared to be thrown quick mental arithmetic tests out of the blue, so they can see how quick your can respond with hopefully the correct answer.
  11. Thank you for the heads up, I expected that at briefing and main board but, I wasn't sure about the interview. Does anyone know the wait times on briefing and main board at the moment, I will ask in my interview but, it would be nice to have a rough estimate.
  12. I was offered a briefing date in two weeks time and did my medical 2 weeks ago. I did my initial interview about 3 weeks before that. However I think they are fast tracking me as I got caught in the change over and nothing happened for 4 months despite me constantly pestering everyone. I had to have two initial interviews as well. All good practice I guess.

May as well hi-jack while I'm here. Any tips for briefing? Is every part an equal component or does say fitness have a bigger weighting over current affairs or vice versa?
  13. Bump

Ironmanshock, how did your briefing go? How was the weighting?
  14. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Briefing is primarily about preparing candidates for the Main Board. They are looked at 'in the round' and some assessment does take place but the aim is to make sure candidates have the ammunition to deal with the tasks thrown at them on the Main Board. A 'Cat 4' is only awarded when a candidate really doesn't have a chance of passing AOSB based on aptitude, fitness and performance as seen by the Board. No particular aspect is 'weighted'.
  15. Passed. On the may intake.