initial fitness test at start of phase 1?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ben1985, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

I start phase 1, 14th January at ATR Lichfield, no winter jokes!, going to be freezing my cojones off!!

I've heard that you get tested in the first week, just to see what level you are at as such, and if not fit enough or something to them words, you won't be allowed to start CMS?

So i just wondered what is the things they test on to see if you're going to be ok for it, running isn't going to be a problem, 1st in my adsc run:p and can swim reasonably well, not very good at press-up's though:p

Im probably worrying too much but it's better to be prepared, that's what I say.

So in a nutshell, anybody know the inital testing done, aswell as certain levels of fitness/tests you have to pass during the course of CMS to pass it.

2. I think the levels required during training are on the site I did see somewhere it said for instance infantry for selection is under 12 and it said by joining your regiment its under 10:30? but I think during training under 11 dunno can't remember.
  3. Yes you are, stay fit, simple as that.
  4. I cant actually remember week 1, but if you've passed selection why worry. Your not expected to be super-fit on arrival, trust.
  5. Have you got be able to swim in the army, cos that might be a problem for me ??
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yes you must pass the military swimming test. However if you can't swim they will teach you. A very minor thing and nothing to worry about.
  7. At ITB Catterick there is a fitness test done in the first week however this is done to give the instructors an idea of the level of fitness you are at and to see what areas need to be concentrated on, you have pass selection so there is no need to worry.
  8. Oh well thats good to hear, they'll teach me and thanks for that mate, I used to avoid swimming lessons in Primary School.
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Really don't worry about it. It's something you need to pass at some point and is not a requirement for getting through Phase 1. You may well not be taught to swim until you get to your working unit.

In fact it's a good thing as you will get time to skive off to go swimming :D
  10. Thanks for the info, cos I was a bit worried about it but there you go its not much of a problem after all.

That end bit made me laugh :lol:
  11. Doesnt mean you wont get thrashed, theres no getting round it.
  12. 'thrashed' as in severley beasted old gregg:p?
  13. I havent done a military swim test for over 14 years but did one earlier this year. I was surprised at the amount of my lads who couldnt swim and also that you dont do it in uniform anymore. :roll:
  14. Yep.
  15. can you give us an idea of what they do for 'beastings' old gregg?

I'd like to have a rough idea beforehand