Inheriting collectable firearms.

A steer in the right direction here. I am due to be granted as a gift from an inheritance estate, a 1930's .22 farmers rifle and a 1890's shotgun. At present my licence application is underway, necessary references given and so on. The weapons have been held in a gun club somewhere in Scotland (Stirling I think) but now the person who holds the inheritance executor rights wants them shifted either to the beneficiary direct or to me. I live in the south west, the rest live in Scotland. Neither of us currently have licences so until we are able to take possession of said weapons how do we fix a new storage area.

A steer in the right direction here. I am due to be granted as a gift from an inheritance estate, a 1930's .22 farmers rifle and a 1890's shotgun. At present my licence application is underway, necessary references given and so on. The weapons have been held in a gun club somewhere in Scotland (Stirling I think) but now the person who holds the inheritance executor rights wants them shifted either to the beneficiary direct or to me. I live in the south west, the rest live in Scotland. Neither of us currently have licences so until we are able to take possession of said weapons how do we fix a new storage area.
Ask a local Registered Firearms Dealer to hold them until licences are granted?

Waz

Clanker
You can lodge them with a Registered Firearms Dealer. (About £10 a month per gun normally) until you get your ticket, or speak to your firearms team about the best way forward. A friend of mine inherited some shotguns recently when he didn't have a ticket, and he was granted a temporary one while he was waiting.

As above, ask a Registered Firearms Dealer to store them for you. You could apply for Section 7 Permits as well.

Ref the shotgun, I assume it’s centre fire?

How long has the application been made ie have you had your interview yet?

You can lodge them with a Registered Firearms Dealer. (About £10 a month per gun normally) until you get your ticket, or speak to your firearms team about the best way forward. A friend of mine inherited some shotguns recently when he didn't have a ticket, and he was granted a temporary one while he was waiting.
Most are charging £20.00pm per firearm for storage these days and also £25.00 per firearm booking in / out fee.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Ask @ugly He's an rfd and charges arrse rates. Mind you, they could be 10% more than normal rates. Beer also seems to be involved.

Apply for a section 7 licence to cover them & have a HO approved gun cabinet in place beforehand.
Worked fine for me recently for several firearms I was left by a mate.
They should sort this sharpish & saves the excessive fees being charged by some to store firearms.

ugly

LE
Apply for a section 7 licence to cover them & have a HO approved gun cabinet in place beforehand.
Worked fine for me recently for several firearms I was left by a mate.
They should sort this sharpish & saves the excessive fees being charged by some to store firearms.
Wait, its the responsibility of the executor to look after these items until you are ready for them/they are legally disposed of. Where in the south west are you? Carriage would cost as much as storing locally.

Wait, its the responsibility of the executor to look after these items until you are ready for them/they are legally disposed of. Where in the south west are you? Carriage would cost as much as storing locally.
Absolutely, this is what I have to tell the crooked fcurke. I have the gun cabinet already and am about to apply for section 7 permit. I'm in Tamar valley Cornwall side btw.

ugly

LE
There is a good RFD in Callington

There is a good RFD in Callington
I know the one. How do I get them here? Can I just go up in my van and collect them or is that not legal?