Ingerlund. The real culprits

Is the sh@gging F.A.

Since 66 one of the biggest names in football have achieved the square root of fcuk all.

The English league needs a total overhaul. But while Sky TV moneybags pay the piper. The gutless faceless @rseholes at the FA will dance to the tune.

Incidently, whilst I say one of the biggest names in world football, I dont for one minute mean one of the best.

Fifas aim is to promote football around the world, England and Scotland have already been converted and are addicted. Look at the Oceanic group, Australia were moved into the Asian group to allow NZ to prosper, hey ho, they qualified. Its a cash machine, nothing more nothing less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(OFC)

My biggest gripe, is the so called National squads, its two teams facing their team mates on the opposing side, was there one international team this year who didn't have one or more player from the premier league?

My biggest gripe, is the so called National squads, its two teams facing their team mates on the opposing side, was there one international team this year who didn't have one or more player from the premier league?

why did that post twice?

stutter sounds about right :lol:

Didn't know el presidente of FIFA and all round honest chap Sepp Blatter was a Brown Shirt.

"Blatter first made his name in the world of football in 1973 as Chairman of the Zurich Brown Shirts."
(pinched from Wiki-Pedia)

Well Association Football has a choice. The "best league in the world" or developing the national team.

I'm a Rugby supporter so quite frankly don't give a toss, but I do feel for my colleagues who think all of this is important...

Black-Bart said:
Is the sh@gging F.A.

Since 66 one of the biggest names in football have achieved the square root of fcuk all.

The English league needs a total overhaul. But while Sky TV moneybags pay the piper. The gutless faceless @rseholes at the FA will dance to the tune.

Incidently, whilst I say one of the biggest names in world football, I dont for one minute mean one of the best.
Whilst i agree with some of your comments, especially the sky moneybags bit. The fact of the matter is that the English players are just not good enough, its that simple.

Everybody gets a big hard on about the English national side cos Sky and the rest of the media keep telling us about the "best league in the world" and by extension of that they think it means that the national side is gonna walk in and win any tournament they enter.

Well..the Premiershit is not the best league in the world. We do not have ONE world class English player in this country, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard My arse, they shine in a 3 team premiership.

There just not good enough simple.

Oh and they FA them cuts want shooting for paying Capello 6 million a year, ******* disgraceful.

cityloyal said:
Black-Bart said:
Is the sh@gging F.A.

Whilst i agree with some of your comments, especially the sky moneybags bit. The fact of the matter is that the English players are just not good enough, its that simple.

Everybody gets a big hard on about the English national side cos Sky and the rest of the media keep telling us about the "best league in the world" and by extension of that they think it means that the national side is gonna walk in and win any tournament they enter.

Well..the Premiershit is not the best league in the world. We do not have ONE world class English player in this country, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard My arse, they shine in a 3 team premiership.

Oh and they FA them cuts want shooting for paying Capello 6 million a year, * disgraceful.
Wot he said!!!!!

Yea, the FA havemuch to answer for but you cannot get away from the fact that we had 11 multi millionaires on the pitch playing olde stylee whilst the Germans might not have been technical wonders but had a younger and faster side playing a highly mobile game.

FFS, Podolski was clocked at a 31.5kmh at one point and Schweinsteiger, Özil and Müller all got to 25kmh

Gareth Barry, John Terry and Matthew Upson never got past 21kmh. Rooney looked fcuked to start with

A

ALVIN

The England squad seem to care more about Money, Sex and power rather than their football.
You Cant win a World Cup with that mentality.

cityloyal said:

Oh and they FA them cuts want shooting for paying Capello 6 million a year, * disgraceful.
I know feckall about fitba', and have been proud to say that since I was about 7. Nevertheless, it is (for all its innumerable faults) the sport of my country. So I pay attention when I hear (Sir) Jackie Charlton observing that there is not a single English-born player in the pipeline, who is as good as (let alone better than) the pasty-faced spastics who just got seen off (a-fecking-gain) by the Hermans (I'll leave you lot to sort out where my interpretation takes over from the actual words of Sir Jack)

Strikes me that the sweet FA need to have a good long think about their responsibilities viz a viz grass roots coaching and the development of home-grown talent.

It's all very well for the super-rich clubs to go and buy their team players off the shelf from all over the third world, but sooner or later, isn't John Bull gonna get fed up watching teams of immigrants every weekend, knowing that this means "English" clubs are not making English players good enough to play more than 4 matches in any World Cup comp?

And you can hire the best manager in the world - but if his raw material is 3rd rate, WTF is the point?

That some people thought that we had any chance of success in the world cup is due more to the spin that was created by those that gave Capello £6million a year for selecting a national side.The amount of money being given to managers and players alike has taken them away from the average football supporter.
Football at its best is seeing kids knocking a ball about after school on the back field playing their hearts out with no thought about anything else,this to me is football in its purest form and one that evokes many a happy memory from being a kid all those years ago.Football needs to get back to its roots and start looking for more talent from the schools upwards and stop the craze for buying from overseas thus increasing the amount of players that we can bring on to international standard and consequently play for England.In short the greed of our league teams has greatly reduced our national sides chances of being anything other than mediocre.

My guess is, and this is just a theory, that we would have had better luck fielding a side of ex-cons with a few members of the national wife swapping society thrown in for good measure.

Simple - don't call it a sport. When that much money is sloshing around, it's an entertainment business. They aren't sportsmen, they're entertainers. It's like thinking that newspapers are about reporting the news - it isn't, it's about selling advertising space.

There are individual players making more per year than the entire Olympic funding stream for some sports. A fortnight's earnings for Rooney could fund the whole of Scottish Athletics for a full year. Three months, and you fund the world-class programme for shooting, for an entire four-year Olympic cycle. A half-day's earnings for Rooney is a year's earnings for Sir Chris Hoy (he got £24k the year he won all of those Olympic Gold medals).

Look at the sports section of any newspaper - 80% is about football, there's a healthy chunk about rugby, some about golf, and a bit about tennis. There's your 99% of sports coverage, because that's where the money is.

It's got rock-all to do about participation - after all, there's much more about horse-racing results every day than there ever is about cycling, swimming, hockey.

Apologies to those genuine football participants who either play the game, act as officials, or help with the coaching - even if it's just organising a kick-about for the under-sevens, that's sport, and you have my respect. However, your sport hoovers up over 90% of all available sports funding, and everyone else gets scraps. If you want to give all that money to a bunch of prima-donnas who spend it on booze, high-maintenance women, and fast cars, and yet still can't perform on the day (or remember to turn up for a drugs test after three previous failures to attend)? Dry your eyes, princess. You don't deserve a result.

PS Rio Ferdinand? Any other sport, he'd have had a two-year ban.

PPS Value for money - you choose. Wayne Rooney for one season, or the entire GB cycling team for the next four years.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F The Intelligence Cell 6
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 6
E The Intelligence Cell 10