Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INFRARED FART

Mountain_goat said:
sorry.. i used the title that was with the clip.

Do you want to tell me what model of imager it is

I didn't mean to pull you up it was just a comment.

The film clip has the name FLIR in the top right so I guess it's one of these

They refer to them as Thermal Imaging Infrared Cameras so maybe we're both right :D

Cheers,

EX STAB

I remember on our OP course during the night shoots taking it in turns to stand in front of the TIs and do a pee! Oh what larks Pip!

I also remember on exercise watching two Gurkhas (through our TI kit )watching some civilians having a shag, through their II kit! As the lovers reached pre-climactic frenzy, gurkha no 1 let off a TF whilst Gurkha no2 pressed his face to the windscreen and let out an unearthly shriek!

Yes the Army was a lot more fun in the 90s!

Cuddles said:
I remember on our OP course during the night shoots taking it in turns to stand in front of the TIs and do a pee! Oh what larks Pip!

I also remember on exercise watching two Gurkhas (through our TI kit )watching some civilians having a shag, through their II kit! As the lovers reached pre-climactic frenzy, gurkha no 1 let off a TF whilst Gurkha no2 pressed his face to the windscreen and let out an unearthly shriek!

Yes the Army was a lot more fun in the 90s!

Reminds me of a famous story of a couple of dug-in Chieftain crews on an FTX watching a Gurkha through their II kit giving a local lass a hammering in a meadow in front of their position...

At the crucial moment, they gave him the benefit of their white light searchlights... :twisted:

Mountain_goat

Old-Salt
wish i could of seen that.. i'm crying just thinking about it.

I was at pirbright a few years back and there was some Gurkas on one of the footy pitches getting some in and doing shuttle runs.
I was in one of the class rooms and as they were running towards us they would disappear from view below the window and then re appear a few seconds later we were in bits for ages.

Latest Threads