Information on War pension disability at 20%

Hi, would anybody be able to guide me on how much i would get a month on the 20% rate through war pension?

Just been at my war pension tribunal today and it went up from 6-14% to 20%.

I have looked on the gov webpage and others pages but I thought getting information from this audience would be be better.

Cheers
 
I get a disability war pension at 40% but as it includes a Couple of supplements the total amount bares no relationship to 20%. However stripping out both and devided by 2 try around £220pm. But don’t assume that is what you will get, and it will be backdated to the upgrading of your award. Also don’t assume that any future award will be updated automatically as your condition worsens, you will have to reapply.
Hope that this helps.
FFS! Someone has asked a serious question. Since you have never served do the decent thing and keep your snout out.
 
FFS! Someone has asked a serious question. Since you have never served do the decent thing and keep your snout out.
I gave the RAF a like, I'm off for another bath (mit bleach)
 
Hi, that information does help, thank you. Clears the picture on the information i was given at the end of my tribunal about being back dated.
I was awarded a lump sum last year which the representative from RBL said veteransUk will probably take that into consideration once you start receiving your payments.
 
Behave. If this turns into another C'n'Cfest the Mods will smite the thread and the OP will not get an answer to a serious question posted in a serious thread.

If the Rob bloke is wrong point out his errors.
 

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi, would anybody be able to guide me on how much i would get a month on the 20% rate through war pension?

Just been at my war pension tribunal today and it went up from 6-14% to 20%.

I have looked on the gov webpage and others pages but I thought getting information from this audience would be be better.

Cheers
I had 20% initially but in those days 20% meant a lump sum of a few thousand pounds and no pension. I left it until I was out completely and was sent to a hospital in Bath for assessment. The doctor gave me 40% it was for hearing loss. As I was leaving he told me "If you were a civilian with that amount of loss, I would be allowing you about 60% he said if I sent that to the MOD they would insist that I modify it."

The fact is that the noise induced hearing loss is so very easy to define. It spikes downwards on your hearing chart and at the start of the chart. The British Legion are a great help in many cases. They have a rep who looks after this sort of claim. I had one to help me. He was great.

Go down the Civvy route if you can,
 
Last edited:
Hi, cheers for information. I left February 2013 so its been that way for me already. I don’t believe the % will go up in any time soon but i was advised to access a veterans outreach centre as the medical Dr on the board believed I would get better results from them.
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top