Information on TAPO Training

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ex_Pompadour, May 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is some useful information on ArmyNet about TAPO training for those who are able to log on to it.

Once you have logged on go to Units & Orgs on the top menu line and Training Establishments on the Navigation side-bar.

The Regional Training Centres each have some pages of information on TAPO training.
  2. Thanks EX_P! I honestly didn't know ArmyNet had that info on it. :?

Thanks again!
  3. msr

msr LE

Which is about as much use as tits on a kipper for those thinking about a commission in the TA.

4. On closer inspection, the links to individual commissioning courses are broken links or don't exist. Only one page as any info, the regular CC.
  5. I assume that you are looking at the RMAS site. It does have a number of links that don't work.

Look at the OTW pages on the RTC sites. They don't have broken links and have most of what you need.
  6. I had a dig, found out all the info (that was previously available on the public army sites, im sure! (as i've read it before)).

I'm going to format and post it all here. Perhaps a wiki-page?
  7. You can't do that, Vyking! By moving the information to a closed site, access to it has been restricted to those already in the know (and their friends). This must be intentional - it has to be someone's plan.

If you make the info freely available to anyone, all sorts of rum types not matching the existing cohort (women, people of colour, gays, lesbians and the genderically unsure, those not of a military background, people whose names are neither Hugo nor Charlie, and whatnot) might find out how to join the Army Regular or Territorial as an officer.

Are you deranged? Some sort of "diversity" carpetbagger? How will we apply the "good egg" test? Work out whether an applicant would be suitable marital calibre for one's daughter?
  8. Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post?

Making freely available information easier to find? Never... This is not the army way!