Information on postings

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by newguy, Apr 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I was wondering if people can give the spill on 30, 2, 14 regiments and all div's and bde's, in terms of how often they go on exercise and for how long, operational tours and for how long and how regular pt is. Most of the other information on what they do etc is common knowledge, also information on married quarters. Thanks Newguy

2. Anything else you want to know?

Unit strength? Weapon holdings? En suite facilities in single acomodation?

So that leaves out 11, 7, 16 and a couple of troops size units. Whats up with them?

Would suggest reading back through the Sigs Forum. Lots to find in there?

3. Yes-Sir the reason I ask is that I am due a posting soon and I would like to know what each of these places are like to get posted too. I am sure you must have asked people before about places you wouldn't mind going to. That's all I'm doing. I know about the kit and what they do cos that's common knowledge but the rest is stuff I would like to know, ie how long are tours, 3 or 6 month, exercises, how often pt is etc. I don't need to ask about the other regies cos I already know about them from friends. If you tell me you usually just pick a unit without finding out about them first you are lying.

4. Ill tell you not where to go. Anywhere in the south west especially Warminster cos its poo poo

5. 30, 2, 14, 16 ,7, 3... buy a lottery ticket (all losing numbers) or put down all the postings you want and they'll send you to germany (great fun)

6. Aha, pie eater are we?

7. You spotted that as well?

8. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Most of the ones you mentioned above will get you caned at PT, Ops, Exercise etc. remember its what you are paid to do. Top tip most of the accomadation in the Army is **** so unlucky buy your own pad and get somone else to live in it for you. :wink:

9. Bramcote accommodation is Project SLAM "Z-Type" and rather nice.