Information on joining/Advice

Discussion in 'RAC' started by tommy251, Nov 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive just moved to worksop in nottinghamshire and im wanting to rejoin the army but dont know what my local armoured corps regiment is. if any one could tell me it would be a great help thanks.

2. ive just moved to worksop in nottinghamshire and im wanting to rejoin the army but dont know what my local armoured corps regiment !!!!!! :D

3. 1 RTR :wink:

HTH

4. Top tip. It's not a chat room, so allow time for people to reply.

5. Queens Royal Lancers

6. ive only just become a member and im trying to get to grips with it thanks for the advise

7. There used to be a Sherwood Rangers TA unit at Carlton, but I think now QRL.

8. Tis still Sherwood Rangers. 17/21L used to recruit from Nottinghamshire so Queens Royal Lancers is the answer.

9. Yes QRL up in Catterick at the moment, if your looking at getting in as a Re-enlister I take it you werent a tankie before as if you were you would have the chance of going back in your old unit. Take your discharge paperwork into your ACIO and explain why you want to re-join and they will send your special enlistment paperwork up to Glasgow. If your looking to get into a different trade then it is more difficult. It all depends on places available, what was on your discharge paperwork (queens regs and exemplary service) and how long youve been out. Might have to go hrough the whole process again depending on time out but thats up to MCM desk officer. Go look in training wing Ive answered posts on this recently in there.

10. Iron mate, id look through his posts, didnt pass off, two assault charges :roll: left 2005?

11. Try 9/12L - They recruit from Leicester, Derby,Chesterfield etc.................
    I can give you a number if you wanna speak to the man that in our Regt that could help you?

12. QRL are your local Regt.

13. Stranger things have happened, obviously the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will be in overdrive with RI's. It all depends on Waiting periods and if you were convicted if they are spent. Speak to the Recruiters who will advise and assess.

14. quick question on this if you dont mind guys,

im looking to join the army as member of the RAC, preferably as tank crewman. ideally in the challenger.

i live in manchester so does this have a bearing on which regiment(s) i can join? -