• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Information on Infantry jobs and day to day life required

Z

Zarathustra

In an effort to provide a service to those members who are considering a career as one of gods chosen men I am writing a post on the day to day life in an Infantry unit and also the "reality" of being a member of one of the support plts or one of the other trades available whilst serving in the Infantry.

I will only be covering the jobs found here Infantry Jobs - British Army Website, if anyone has any info I would appreciate the help either in this thread or via PM.

I also need info on how these trades vary between light, mechanised, armoured or air assault units.

Once I've finished the post I will ensure to provider credit where it's due.

Cheers
-Crow

CB: might be a suggestion to request an insight into combined National Excercise experiences, Soldier Mag has previously briefly touched on this,

The definition of light, armoured and mechanised will be useful I agree,

And enlightening re-education for those with the 'Cannon Fodder' tunnel vision attitudes might be useful also,
Good luck with the thread either way

Z

Zarathustra

CB: might be a suggestion to request an insight into combined National Excercise experiences, Soldier Mag has previously briefly touched on this,

The definition of light, armoured and mechanised will be useful I agree,

And enlightening re-education for those with the 'Cannon Fodder' tunnel vision attitudes might be useful also,
Good luck with the thread either way
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

In an effort to provide a service to those members who are considering a career as one of gods chosen men I am writing a post on the day to day life in an Infantry unit and also the "reality" of being a member of one of the support plts or one of the other trades available whilst serving in the Infantry.

I will only be covering the jobs found here Infantry Jobs - British Army Website, if anyone has any info I would appreciate the help either in this thread or via PM.

I also need info on how these trades vary between light, mechanised, armoured or air assault units.

Once I've finished the post I will ensure to provider credit where it's due.

Cheers
-Crow
CB your in the guards right?? Hate to disappoint your are not a "chosen man" until your swift and bold!

CB your in the guards right?? Hate to disappoint your are not a "chosen man" until your swift and bold!
Guards don't need to be chosen. You either are, or you're not, its that simple. Choice doesnt come in to it.

Anyway, put a shhep infront of any member of the 2nd Regiment of foot, and they soon move swift and bold. Like lightening even.

Day to day life as a rifleman tom in an infantry battalion:

Parade 3 times a day, PT every morning. If no fatigues / weapons cleaning (usually saved for a Friday haha) then x-box it in between parades whilst drinking a gallon's worth of brews each day :)

Z

Zarathustra

Day to day life as a rifleman tom in an infantry battalion:

Parade 3 times a day, PT every morning. If no fatigues / weapons cleaning (usually saved for a Friday haha) then x-box it in between parades whilst drinking a gallon's worth of brews each day :)
Alot different to my lot, PT twice day, time inbetween filled with ranges, lessons, exercises, fatigues and they still manage to knock off earlier than those of us wwith a proper job

I was really just playing up to a stereotype heh.

Our lot still in "chill" mode from H14 but Falklands etc in the Spring so ranges, lessons, exercises etc will be starting back up sharpish I'd imagine, then 12month PDT for next Herrick after BATUS in the Autumn. None stop fun :D

Z

Zarathustra

I was really just playing up to a stereotype heh.

Our lot still in "chill" mode from H14 but Falklands etc in the Spring so ranges, lessons, exercises etc will be starting back up sharpish I'd imagine, then 12month PDT for next Herrick after BATUS in the Autumn. None stop fun :D
Treat yourself, we've reached sitting around with nothing left to do till we deploy stage of PDT.

Latest Threads