Information on 7 signal regiment

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by we_are_Soldiers, Jul 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright guys, ive just been given my first posting out of training, and i got what i wanted which was 7 signal regiment and i have been allocated to 232 sqn.

Ive been to my hive for information but i never really got what i was looking for.

i was just wondering if you could answer a few questions that i have on my mind.

firstly whats the accomadation like?

what is the sqn or regiment like as a whole?

whats the gym like?

also i cant find online who my RSM, SSM and OC will be.

any other bits of information on the SQN or regi, would be class. thanks
  2. Welcome to the site and the Corps proper. Use the search function on here and as well as 7 Signal Regiment, look for Elmpt Station and Javelin Barracks.

Loads of info!
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

History is good, Emlpt is RAF Wilderath, 7 Sigs was even in Krefeld once, where 16 sigs was, a dull and boring Regiment. it has more history than that. Herford with North Camp and South Camp, 6 Sqn, 3 Sqn, with a few colourfull commanders.
  4. Elmpt is actually on the site of the old RAF Bruggen. Wilders is just up the road.
  5. Accommodation is shit if you are a singly, but it's cheap.
    No comment on the Sqn / Regt - make your own mind up
    A big building with lots of gym equipment - not bad to be honest
    No - speak to your NCO's in Blandford and get the numbers and names

Get out and see the world while you are here - not just Shannons Fight club
  6. Alright mate, I were in 7 Sig Regt before I signed off in June
    232 is an alright Sqn, the Seniors are sound enough, the SSM is also sound, but stern, so don't give him a reason to grip you.
    OC is as sound as they come.
    REF Accom. it will be shite, but the level of shite-ness depends on whether you get put in Blk 169 or Blk 68
    The gym is good, and being in the previously stated Blks, its literally less than a 100m walk.

And as previously stated, don't spend your piss ups in Shannons, go out, explore the local area, and that shouldn't mean the usual MG/Roermond excursions undertaken by most of the lads/lasses/creatures.
    Try Eindhoven, Koln, Duss, etc etc.
    Have fun pal
  7. All

Just found out that I am posted to 16 Sigs, 230 Sig Sqn. Anyone got any info on it?

Thanks in advance.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

To be fair both were shit, 7 Sigs was way more than the RCZ.
  9. A posting is what you make it, and i wish i was going back to the land of LOA had nothing but good times in Germany
  10. Theres no LOA left.
  11. What are you on about???
  12. The pot's empty,the teachers and civil servants have ruined it for everyone by going to work and leaving their lights and heating on.Being cut in December yet again.

According to my calculations by Feb 2012 we will have to pay the MOD a sum each month from our wages for the honour of a posting to Germany.
  13. I thought the 7 Sig Regt ArmyNET page - - would be just the ticket, with all the information that you need. What a shocker - one page with zero information on it. Well done 7 Sigs. Most Regts' pages are pretty poor on ArmyNET really, I suppose I better make sure ours is in order!
  14. PD, You are right that page is shocking, I had best get my feet in BM's in tray and get it updated.