Information Needed...

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by cpunk, Jan 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I'm doing a bit of Walt hunting and I need to know whether it would be possible to land a CH-53 Pave Low CSAR helicopter on a US Ticonderoga class guided weapons cruiser. I know they carry a couple of SH-60 Sea Hawks, but this is some 30 feet shorter than the CH-53. Opinions very welcome!

2. *cough* geek *cough* :)

3. What one of these...

Attached Files:

4. With one of these on the back...

Attached Files:

5. Appears so;

USS Ticonderoga Helis cleared

Have a look at the top left of the document where it says 'Last Certification Inspection' and you will see the types cleared on board and at which deck. Dunno if its cleared to shut down though and I'd guess it's arse would be hanging off the back a tad.

6. I once landed a B-1 Lancer with the Under carraige up on the Uganda whilst it was in dry dock.

7. I think when cpunk says 'he's doing a bit of walt hunting'. What he actually means he is the walt and is trying to pass himself off as a pilot. He only asked the question to get his story straight.....................probably.

8. Didn't know they had the Uganda on Flight Sim.

9. I think it's in Falmouth.

10. I have lifted from Middle Wallop in concorde before. First ever grass strip take off I believe.

Ok it was on microsoft flight sim!

11. I have lifted from Middle Wallop in concorde before. First ever grass strip take off I believe.

Ok it was on microsoft flight sim!