Info Required on WW2 Era Shell Cap (?)

Bad CO

Admin
Is anyone able to identify what this is? Almost certainly associated with the WW2 era 5" Naval Gun used by the US?

Empty inside although there is a thread around the base

d40be7f0-b08f-4bd6-b586-deb263f35245.jpg

38bf9e24-038d-40bc-ab2d-eeb0091ca67e.jpg

Safety cap for fused ammunition ?

The thing that gets screwed in is a ‘fuze’

‘Fuse’ is the stuff that burns, like ‘safety fuse’.

Like Chemring"s Safety Fuze L1A3 (NSN 1375-99-248-4203)? To add to the confusion, which it describes having the Proper Shipping Name as Fuse, Safety?

Im confused or should that be confuzed ?

...eh ? my coat ? how kind !

And if it’s not a fuze it’s probably a pistol.

Like Chemring"s Safety Fuze L1A3 (NSN 1375-99-248-4203)? To add to the confusion, which it describes having the Proper Shipping Name as Fuse, Safety?
Thats it’s Correct Technical Name (CTN)

Don’t forget fuse instantaneous, don’t get them mixed up

How much would one cost, would think a few million ? Were made and after removing were sent to the deep blue as scrap.

Bad CO

Admin

Bad CO

Admin
I wonder if this is how the OP expected the threa....

JB

Smite them with great smityness...
It's ARRSE, I'd be disappointed if it didn't turn into a fight....

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Don’t forget fuse instantaneous, don’t get them mixed up
I could tell you a story about that. Suffice to say I was very lucky - though not half as lucky as my mate who used it to replace his rucksack draw-cord.

ACAB

LE
I could tell you a story about that. Suffice to say I was very lucky - though not half as lucky as my mate who used it to replace his rucksack draw-cord.
I was an Instructor at Stonebridge Battle Camp at Thetford. The C/Sgt said "Sgt ACAB, lets go and practice a few dems..." I agreed. We drove onto the training area and Captain America spotted a likely looking tree. "Hah, lets see what this one's made of.." Half a dozen turns of Det Cord later we're ready. We retire to what should have been a safe distance. Only the tree is dead and hollowed out from within. Boom, and the tree explodes in a million splinters most of which end up sticking out of the pair of us.

It could have been worse, your mate (yeah, righto) could have used a length to hold his trousers up.

Latest Threads