info regarding CMT!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Mind_Set, Oct 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I am 15 and 7 months and had completed my BARB and basic functional tests 2 days ago, (BARB-76 LITERACY-LVL3 NUMERACY-LVL2)
    I am alsoseriously considering CMT. however, ihave done my fair share of observation and most people slag them off and regard their duties to be setting up tents etc... is this true? if not what would a CMT on a regular basis?
    many thanks in advance,

2. I transferred to the RAMC 6 yrs ago. I haven't played with tentage since transferring. Have deployed on operations four times. Every time someone cried out for a medic there was no name calling or slagging off.
    It's true in a medical Regt it can be a bit slow for a private soldier. But that's where courses and placements come in to play. Don't be shy about asking.
    I would defiantly consider becoming a medic. But get as much info as you can. As it's not a registered trade. So clinically you will be limited be the APHCS.
    On ops though the jobs amazing.

Hope this helped.

3. that sounds excellent, and would you recommend going for CMT?

4. Yes, But just make sure you get as much info about the job you want to do. Also think about the future... There's plenty of different jobs CMT's can do. But your limited until your a class one (BATLS trained) and get your first stripe.

Paramedic
    SFSG
    MSU
    Teeth arms medic
    Support arms medic
    Med stores
    environmental health
    To list a few jobs....

5. In the past 10 years the role of the CMT has excelled in the eyes of battle groups that we work with, largely because the CMT no longer ponces about in a med centre getting fat but
    Deployed in the DCC role and getting stuck in.

As said the regimental life can be slow and tedious. That's just the way it is. Kit still needs to be checked along with vehicles etc.

Once on the ladder and have class 1 out the way the opportunities are endless. They are now opening up the mil paramedic route and also getting into SFSG/MSU will only enhance your portfolio