Info on the qrl

Discussion in 'RAC' started by jaylad, Nov 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently going through basic training and was informed the reg I had originally planned to join was full and the only way in was to have a relative currently serving so I changed my choice to the qrl so I was wondering if there was anyone who is currently serving with the qrl that could give some info about the reg. All I can find on line is on the army website but it's not great info, also when the likelyhood of deployment would be? Any help at all would be appreciated cheers

2. Middway through basic you get told that your chosen reg is full?? Sounds like bullshiite to me.

Your career is pathed a little bit longer ahead than you'd imagine, and you attending basic normally means there is a place for you at your regt, and they would be expecting your arrival (unless you fail basic obviously).

Something sounds a bit fishy to me.

3. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

mate, you still can join the RTR, dont listen to them :) You got a capbadge yet ?

4. @ smudge I had a brief with a major from the reg I had plane to join and it was him that told e about the reg being full I wasn't the only one there were quite a few that had to change it's not a major problem for me I'm just in for a scrap really which reg I do that with Doesnt really effect me also got no plans to fail basic I love it! Also @ tankie I get my capbadge tomorow I think! I'm happy with my choice I just wanted some extra info cheers though.

5. Tankie2ndrtr

Whatcha choose then ?

6. Queens royal lancers mate

7. Good choice if i say so myself.

8. Good good cheers mate!! Where's best to get some info then i tried looking on the web but it just takes me to the army site and I don't get that much time to look! I'm basically just after the job description and the different roles I can do once iget there so any wisdom would be greatly appreciated cheers!

9. Tankie2ndrtr

What reg where you gonna join ?

10. Have you seen this site?

http://www.qrlassociation.co.uk/

11. Doesn't really matter. It's still cav...

Linky

Prolly got his reins caught or something.

12. Oh hello T, nice to see you back, hope you had a good Cambrai, did your zimmer frame get stuck on the tube again?

13. One finds that support is rarely needed. I mean to say, it's just cav...
    Anyway you know I'm not allowed anything too sharp(1) these days.

(1) I refer the honourable wallopeur to my previous comment, specifically the last phrase...

Anyway, food all right? Any complaints? Getting enough straw etc

14. Aye straws good, your washing machines still broken, covvies getting blacker :)

15. Cheers for the help and that link to the qrl! Just have to watch out for gerden fences In norfolk lol got the capbadge today so it's all sorted now just read up a bit more when I can anyway the block jobs are beckoning!!