Info on Pathfinder

I am going to join the Parachute regiment in 2 years. I am interested in joining the Pathfinders after but im not 100% sure what they are.

Best advice. Join the regiment of your choice. work your backside off to become the very best solider you can be. After a couple of years, if you are still dead set on it you can speak to your chain of command.

You might not know what they do, but you bet they will not let you just walk in.

Best of luck.

Best option is to get yourself as fit as you can, and concentrate on getting into Catterick and then on passing training and p-coy. Get a few years under your belt at a battalion, then if you still wish to, get the up to date information from the Pathfinders yourself.

Good luck!

LWislon, here is your reading list.
Happy reading.
Just purchased David Blakeley's book.

Best option is to get yourself as fit as you can, and concentrate on getting into Catterick and then on passing training and p-coy. Get a few years under your belt at a battalion, then if you still wish to, get the up to date information from the Pathfinders yourself.

Good luck!
Well I am only 14 so there is still a few more years until I can join. I have started to train already (I know it is early but you can never be too fit). I go on runs almost everyday and I have been boxing for 4 years so the fitness aspect is under control.

How did you hear of them?
Well I have wanted to join the Parachute Regiment for a while but I heard about the Pathfinders when my fathers friend who was a pathfinder died the other day.

I am going to join the Parachute regiment in 2 years. I am interested in joining the Pathfinders after but im not 100% sure what they are.
Well you could ask your Dad what his friend did.

PS I hope it wasnt Fijian Bob. Again

Without wanting to sound like your dad: Work hard at school and learn everything that they want to teach you, being a super soldier, even a good soldier is not just about being tough, hard and fit. They also have to be clever to learn how to use all the tech gear that their job requires them to use, navigation requires maths and every top soldier I have ever met speaks at least one other language well enough to get by if he finds himself in that country, or region.

Work hard, play hard, and good luck.

Latest Threads