Info on Black Serpent

Just wondered if anyone can give me information on Black Serpents? Join as a CMT early next year and obviously I am not trying to run before I have walked but been reading round on here and know its do with the special forces. Could anyone give us information on what they are, do and how you could become one once trained as a CMT? Thanls

Na I've searched into it obviously but every thread people were saying different things and that it was being changed and all that. Thats why I ave asked obviously haha I am not that stupid

May I suggest you pass Common Core, get some experience under your belt and complete your class 1 before considering anything else? Your not just trying to run before you walk, your challenging Bradley Wiggins to a bike race.....

So, what's makes you think you will be able to do better than the other threads? (for mods; not baiting just asking!)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I only want to know about it for more knowledge on the Med core. I am not even considering anything like that yet as I am not even trained yet.

Corps; I doubt anyone will give any further info than is already out there. But good luck.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

You don't need to know anything about Black Serpent just yet. Its good to have ambition, but by the time you are in a position to apply for the course, things may have changed

Jay, you're not going to get much more info than is already on here before you join & get security vetted. It's nothing personal, and you won't need to know anything about Black Serpent until you are in a position to apply for it.

Keep it in the back of your mind, and once you are at your unit ask your chain of command; they will be able to help then. But not before.

Jay, you're not going to get much more info than is already on here before you join & get security vetted. It's nothing personal, and you won't need to know anything about Black Serpent until you are in a position to apply for it.

Keep it in the back of your mind, and once you are at your unit ask your chain of command; they will be able to help then. But not before.

Okay cheers mate

Good luck with your Phase 2, it can be challenging so get reading! When you get to DMSTG, you'll be able to ask a bit more about Black Serpent.

Old thread and all that jazz but are you able to go for black serpent if you are a reservist CMT?

Cheers!
I recommend checking out the current DIN. Alternatively, as I am aware reservists sometimes have issues with getting onto DII I recommend joining the AMS Share group on DC if you're not already a member. You should be able to get the answers you need via these means.

AFAIK In its previous form it no longer exists and has been replaced.

The course didn’t make you some sort of elite operator, just proved you were a fit and capable medic. Contrary to what some people who have passed the course would have you think.
It could lead onto other interesting opportunities though!

It’s good to have goals, if you ever end up working with the group, you’ll do some interesting stuff.
The guys that have the most fun are the Sqn Medics, I knew one who’s unfortunately no longer with us, that was genuinely loved and respected by the badged guys he worked with. A parachute trained paramedic that could HAHO himself in and was a fountain of knowledge for the Patrol Medics to refer to if needed!

As a medic if there was ever was something to aspire to it would have been him.

This one?

1523288960953.png

Those who know . . . know; if you get my drift? ;)

This one?

View attachment 330065

Those who know . . . know; if you get my drift? ;)
Ahh, The Black Vipers. One of my Corporals, who had served on Op GRANBY, got hold of a whole load of these patches, sewed them onto buckshee berets, and swapped them for camp cots with gullible Americans, telling them said lids were the headgear of a top secret British SF unit called The Black Vipers.

Corporal then flogged the camp cots to his fellow soldiers, making himself a tidy sum to bring back home.

Ahh, The Black Vipers. One of my Corporals, who had served on Op GRANBY, got hold of a whole load of these patches, sewed them onto buckshee berets, and swapped them for camp cots with gullible Americans, telling them said lids were the headgear of a top secret British SF unit called The Black Vipers.

Corporal then flogged the camp cots to his fellow soldiers, making himself a tidy sum to bring back home.
That's quality - don't forget your OPSEC though, what happened in Baldrick Lines stays in Baldrick Lines!